News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PNP tonebender breadboard help

Started by pryde, September 16, 2012, 03:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

I have been trying to fire up a mkii Tonebender on the BB and can't get it to make a peep. This is a positive ground effect which is kinda f'in with my head. I am pretty sure I have the signal chain correct and I have tried a few variations of the schematic with no luck.

I am pretty sure the power is what is messing me up. My BB is currently hooked with with the leads standard (i.e. +9v to + rail and -9v to ground rail). For the TB, if I want -9v power (for example to the Q1 collector) I would tap it from the ground rail on my BB right? Opposite, anything grounded on the schematic would be grounded to the +9v rail right?

Also, the C1 electrolytic on the attached schematic and the R5 resistor I may not be understanding correctly to hook them up on the BB. Probably won't be much help here is a pic of my current BB and an attached schematic/vero I used. Thanks for your help.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

pryde

Replying to my own post  ;D

I finally got the BB worked out and am dialing in some nice fuzz. My voltages are looking good on Q1,Q2,Q3. BUT...

I am having a volume issue between different amps? Through my little solid state vox pathfinder it sounds great with unity about 11-12 o'clock on the vol knob.

Through my 5e3 (tube amp), it is slightly less than unity at full volume and the sound is much thinner and more raspy. What gives? Its like something is pulling it down with the tube amp but it works perfectly through the SS amp.

Usually all my effects sound good through the Vox and GREAT through the 5E3. Not sure what is up. Any thoughts?