News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

WTF (doombutter with extra mods)

Started by bigrigg, September 19, 2012, 06:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cortexturizer

I love feedback loops, I use one a lot on my true bypass KROK style looper. Damnit, now I gotta build this one to.
Great work!
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

bigrigg

Quote from: Hangingmonkey on January 27, 2013, 05:11:43 AM
Thats awesome, thanks for posting. Did you use the standard doombutter pcb or a different one to apply the mods.
I have a functioning doombutter which i am very happy with and reading about your mods makes me want to take it apart and redo it.
standard pcb from Madbean that I etched.  Enjoy, crazy extra fun and flexibility with this one.

bigrigg

Quote from: Hangingmonkey on January 27, 2013, 06:09:52 AM
Also what enclosure is that, it looks bigger than a 1590b
Its a 125B.  Gives you a little bit more height which was needed.  Hard to get all that "What The" in a 1590B.
Good luck.

Hangingmonkey

dulcetpine

Can someone explain the wiring of the feedback to me a little clearer, I am good at following directions but I have not yet gathered the comfort thinking conceptually with effects circuits.

Jabulani Jonny

Dude, can we get a demo of the WTF'ness?  That would rock.  Great build!
Jonathan

Guybrush

Bigrigg was kind enough to help me with the feedback mod a while back. Here's a crap illustration I made of how to wire it up.

Rip57

Nice job. Good thing there weren't more mods or you'd have run out of box!
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer." ― Frank Zappa

Guybrush

Hey Bigrigg

It might be my eyesight but is your regulator transistor facing the opposite direction to what the build doc shows?

I'm having issues with my circuit and I think it's the transistor so was just wondering if turning round might help. A long shot I know.

jimilee

Quote from: Rip57 on April 07, 2013, 10:42:03 AM
Nice job. Good thing there weren't more mods or you'd have run out of box!
That's what she said!
I'm sorry, but I couldn't help my self..... I know I know.... Smile!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Hangingmonkey

Thanks for posting up the diagram guybrush

dulcetpine

Guybrush, thanks man!

Is the SPST necessary?  Couldn't you just turn it all the way counter clockwise for single repeats?

Guybrush

No worries.

I'm really not sure. I remember asking Bigrigg something similar and there was a reason for the switch but can't quite remember what it was. Hopefully he'll show up again on this thread and she'd some light.

I've not actually tried the mod myself yet but the switch is actually a SPDT (not SPST). Should it be on/on or on/off?

bigrigg

Hey all, Im alive.  Sorry life has thrown some major curve balls my way.  I will look the posts over and answer asap within the next little while for sure.  Thanks for the interest.

bigrigg

Quote from: Jabulani Jonny on April 06, 2013, 02:27:26 PM
Dude, can we get a demo of the WTF'ness?  That would rock.  Great build!
I would love to but....I'm literally starting a new position with work tomorrow, travelling for work etc, selling our current house bla bla.  I can answer any questions, but a demo won't be possible for quite some time.  Sorry.  It hurts me more as I have Pro tools etc and can't get to use it and play with the toys.