Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Zing Zang! 1590A Madness!

Started by GrindCustoms, September 21, 2012, 01:04:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Om_Audio

Sent via soup cans and string.

KaBi

hi all, just wondering if this layout is available? I was under the assumption that madbean's one on the pdf fits a 1590A but i just etched it and most likely it doesn't, at least not with the pot pads facing the upper side of the pcb (reads about 43mm width x 35mm height)

thanks in advance, great forum here ;-)

Stomptown

That's some amazing work man! I can't believe you crammed all of that in there. Great idea bending the lug on the input jack to squeeze it in next to the 3pdt. I'll definitely be borrowing that technique...

juansolo

:o on getting that lot in a 1590A  8)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

GrindCustoms

Quote from: KaBi on February 13, 2013, 10:18:57 PM
hi all, just wondering if this layout is available? I was under the assumption that madbean's one on the pdf fits a 1590A but i just etched it and most likely it doesn't, at least not with the pot pads facing the upper side of the pcb (reads about 43mm width x 35mm height)

thanks in advance, great forum here ;-)

That version of the layout is not available anymore i think, i grab it from a member here i think.......can't recall. But even this one was super tight. I could'nt push it lower than what it is at the moment..........snug fit between the sidewalls.

Quote from: Stomptown on February 14, 2013, 05:39:53 AM
That's some amazing work man! I can't believe you crammed all of that in there. Great idea bending the lug on the input jack to squeeze it in next to the 3pdt. I'll definitely be borrowing that technique...

Thanks, that way of fitting the 3PDT and open jacks have allowed me to fit more stuff in 1590A than any other configuration.

If you want to use this configuration, here are the measurements to make everything super tight at the bottom of enclosure without nothing touching.

All measure from bottom of enlcosure when looking at the «face side» of it.

3PDT center at 11mm

Input jack at 25mm

Output jack at 35mm

Once i have the line traced on «face side» of enclosure, i just use a «square» and bring the line down on the side wall and center punch the jacks hole in the middle of the height of sidewall.

Quote from: juansolo on February 14, 2013, 07:21:03 PM
:o on getting that lot in a 1590A  8)

I've built another one earlier this week........will post some pics later, using the «FengDrive» layout wich is more compact, was a total breeze to fit in....just could'nt wait to have my 1590A 9mm pot daughter board in hand so i went with 16mm pots again....hehe

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/