News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

[non-madbean] Rhododendron: Tap Tempo Trem/Pitch

Started by MattOcaster, September 22, 2012, 02:32:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattOcaster

Pictures say a thousand words,
Definitely my most complex build by far!

There's a pitch-pirate circuit hiding under there!

Regards,
Matt.
Check out my Blog :D
www.SonicTitanFx.com

alanp

I like how you did the painting before waterslide, is it? Super excellent craftiness!  8)

Your camera must be pretty crusty, though! Might be worth getting a new one that can take nice photos, they don't cost much these days  :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

MattOcaster

Pics taken with iPhone then "crustified" with Instagram.
Lol, isn't that the definition of a "hipster"; putting in too much effort to make something look like cr*p?
Yep, painted on with acrylic then decal and clear-coat after.
www.SonicTitanFx.com

night-B

sgmezei

Quote from: MattOcaster on September 22, 2012, 04:44:23 AM

Lol, isn't that the definition of a "hipster"; putting in too much effort to make something look like cr*p?

Baaahahahahahaha I laughed out loud when I read that.

Awesome build though dude. I dig the photos too.

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

lincolnic

GrindCustoms

Looks terribly good, really love the whole style around this built.

Would it be possible to know wich pitch circuit you used in this? I have one of those musicpcb TTT that have been ready to be boxed for several time....i may like to add a little extra like that to it.

Rej
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

midwayfair

Gorgeous work. I love spot color in black and white art ... this is a really creative way to do it. The guts are really clean for having so much stuff in there, too. Looks like a lot of fun to play with.

nzCdog

Very nice!  I like seeing your build reports Matt... keep 'em coming ;)

culturejam

Awesome!

But at first I was stunned that somebody was shooting with Fuji Velvia 100.   ;D

I used to shoot Velvia 50 back in the day. Man that stuff was gorgeous.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

MattOcaster

Thanks for all the kind comments!
Actually a final year accounting student, so don't know what I'd do without a creative outlet :]

The Pitch section is from the Pitch-Pirate.  I would have liked to use a "Rick Holt Little Angel chorus" circuit to improve on the small latency with the Pitch-Pirate.  Pin 2 > Pin 6 modulation.
But to be honest the latency is barely noticeable, and not all when using the chorus modes.

I used the Electric Druid LFO mainly for the nifty Waveforms but at slower speeds the tap tempo is useful.
Would not have attempted the build without the MusicPCB boards!

The Distort knobs and Volume (on the Trem side) aren't terribly useful but I had drilled too many knobs already and had to use them somehow.  But yes, there are WAY too many knobs!  ;D

One thing though, when I tied both tap tempo inputs to the single SPST switch, only the Trem side activates.
I'm probably doing something silly but didn't feel like working it out so just ordered a DPDT momentary from Tayda.
www.SonicTitanFx.com

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Bret608

Did you actually sketch the flower out by hand first? I like when people use roundabout methods to get cool results!

MattOcaster

Did the sketch on paper, then scanned it into Illustrator to make the waterslide decal.
To do the the acrylic flower, I cut out a simple stencil from the Illustrator image to get the edges about right.
Then a layer of clear-coat, then decal, then a couple more layers of clear coat.
Think it turned out quite well! 
www.SonicTitanFx.com