News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Vibe-Mania! (Incl. Warhead) >>

Started by Fastocker, September 22, 2012, 05:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vallhagen

When it comes to decals, this is about the best i have seen around. Very tasty, very pro!
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

MadPostman

These look amazing. I've always wondered how to achieve white or vibrant decals on dark surfaces...

Very cool!
"No two DIYers are alike, in general they're an upbeat and friendly group that shares a special trait: the courage to screw up."
My Website | Twitter

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Sigesmundninja

How do you do these amazing decals? white lettering on dark background to be more exact.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

fish22

:o whoa!
absolutely killer. I love all 3!
I watched the Pulsar video from that link and I don't really understand what the magic is.
It looks like waterslide but I guess it isn't since it can do white graphics.... ???
Hi, my name is Wyatt.

tagwap

Amazingly neat work. I also love vibe pedals though i'm yet to build one myself. (I did just rehouse a chicken salad if that counts!)

I'd love to see some gut shots of these to get an idea of what i'd be getting in to.

G.G.

Outstanding work, really nice detailing throughout. How do they compare sound-wise?

Fastocker

Hey guys, nothing too trick going on inside of these --- one thing I like to do is to mount the boards to the bottom cover of the enclosure using screws and stand ups.  This gives more room to put the pots and switches wherever I like and allows me to lift the top off and tune the trimmers easily while playing.  I countersink the screw holes on the bottom so the screw heads are flush with the bottom.

But . . . by doing it that way you have to leave a lot of wire to the pots so you can get the box out of the way while you dial in the trimmers.  As such, there's a bit of a rat's nest of wires in these things and not as neat as I usually like.  Here's the board from the Sweet Cherry Vibe -- one trimmer is for the offset, one was simply to fine tune the brightness of the flashing LED . . . and the third one wasn't used as it was for an experiment that didn't really pan out.  I made the light box out of copper sheet and soldered the corners shut.

Gut shot of the Black Cherry Vibe (Forum-Vibe board) -- light cover is a 3/4" copper cap:

Gut shot of the Warhead Vibe (board by Keefe):

Owner of Unique-Vibe, LLC
www.facebook.com/uniquevibe

Fastocker

Quote from: fish22 on September 23, 2012, 06:50:34 PM
:o whoa!
absolutely killer. I love all 3!
I watched the Pulsar video from that link and I don't really understand what the magic is.
It looks like waterslide but I guess it isn't since it can do white graphics.... ???

The decals are dry transfer film -- I'd do a tutorial but the Pulsar site has pretty good info already there.  Two things you need are a laser printer and a laminator . . . a decent paper cutter also helps tremendously.

The final decal is ultra thin -- much thinner than a waterslide decal and you can barely feel the graphics on these.  The film is opaque so you can put white or gold or silver (or any color) on dark backgrounds and the colors really pop.  Plus they're proving to be very durable once the glue dries for a day or two . . . no chips on any of my pedals yet with no clear coat on top.

Here's a Joyo Ultimate Drive I redid (after doing the infamous Alpha mods) . . . the Red Dragon OD uses Pulsar red over satin black:

Owner of Unique-Vibe, LLC
www.facebook.com/uniquevibe

hoodoo

Fanbloodytastic mate. Some pedals you come across are truly inspirational pieces of art, and these are definitely in that class. Attention to detail "plus", even powdercoated the copper box, love 'em all,
All the best, Matt.

jkokura

I've never been able to get my ForumVibe working...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

whitebread47

:o  This is seriously the most blown-away I have been by a build report! 
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

juansolo

Yep, consider me humbled by the awesomeness inside and out of these builds. *bows*
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

raulduke

Yep these are executed to perfection dude  :o

The powder coat finishes combined with the graphics make these builds a notch above.

I don my hat to you sir  ;D!