News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Vibe-Mania! (Incl. Warhead) >>

Started by Fastocker, September 22, 2012, 05:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eldanko

Which version of the Forum Vibe did you end up going with?  I have been toying with the idea of tackling one of those...
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

Fastocker

Quote from: eldanko on September 25, 2012, 08:41:36 AM
Which version of the Forum Vibe did you end up going with?  I have been toying with the idea of tackling one of those...

This is the latest version V3 of the Forum-Vibe.  Keefe (Haberdasher) etched the regulator board for me . . . it's tucked up on one side of the enclosure using adhesive stand offs.
Owner of Unique-Vibe, LLC
www.facebook.com/uniquevibe

geekmacdaddy

eldanko

Quote from: Fastocker on September 25, 2012, 01:41:01 PM

This is the latest version V3 of the Forum-Vibe.  Keefe (Haberdasher) etched the regulator board for me . . . it's tucked up on one side of the enclosure using adhesive stand offs.

Right on, right on.  Did you do the Mods, Vintage, or Red House version?

Fastocker

Quote from: eldanko on September 25, 2012, 07:25:25 PM
Which version of the Forum Vibe did you end up going with?  I have been toying with the idea of tackling one of those...

This is the latest version V3 of the Forum-Vibe.  Keefe (Haberdasher) etched the regulator board for me . . . it's tucked up on one side of the enclosure using adhesive stand offs.

Right on, right on.  Did you do the Mods, Vintage, or Red House version?

I built the Mods version.

Now I'm itching to maybe try to build a replica of an original after seeing Sinner's files here:

http://www.turretboard.org/?p=2213

If I can figure out where to get a transformer and then find someone to etch a nice board on old brown phenolic material, well then . . . hmmm . . . might be fun . . .
Owner of Unique-Vibe, LLC
www.facebook.com/uniquevibe

eldanko

Quote from: Fastocker on September 25, 2012, 07:46:41 PM
Now I'm itching to maybe try to build a replica of an original after seeing Sinner's files here:

http://www.turretboard.org/?p=2213

If I can figure out where to get a transformer and then find someone to etch a nice board on old brown phenolic material when then . . . hmmm . . . might be fun . . .

I love Turretboard.org... not only for the layouts, but for the included commentary..  :D

TNblueshawk

Quote from: eldanko on September 25, 2012, 07:25:25 PM

Right on, right on.  Did you do the Mods, Vintage, or Red House version?

Someone's been reading the Forum Vibe website...I know because I have been all week. I've been working on researching and sorucing the parts. I have an original board so it's a pain to sort it all out.

And outstanding work as everyone else has said.
John

bigmufffuzzwizz

Those are all so clean inside and out! Hot damn you are good!
I gotta get some of this vibe going in my life  :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

Cortexturizer

fantastic work man!
I can see that you really enjoy pedal making. I do too, but I could never scrap the paint multiple times, or do something eleven times just to perfect it, I would more likely to be like "hm, it doesn't matter this is sloppy it's DIY, if you want something generic buy a Boss pedal" but I know it's only a way to make me feel better :P
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

Stomptown

I'm not sure how I mussed these but your work is stellar!