News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cave dweller dub ed. (question)

Started by 9Lives, September 23, 2012, 07:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

9Lives

Once again another fantastic idea madbean. I am wondering if amyone else has experienced this. The build works but once I boxed it up I noticed that it kills the signal a little bit. First of all I use d a 100 k pot instead of a50k for the mix pot. Also I use d 820k resistor for r12 because I didn't have a750k.  The only other sub was a 3n9 cap in place of the 4n7 cap. All my 4n7 were to large. Thanks

9Lives

What I meant by kills signal is that it kills volume and seems like bass loss

alanp

If you're doing the mix mod, R12 should be 470k to 560k, according to the docs. I think I used 470k, I don't recall. I also used a 50kB pot for Mix.

My dub edition doesn't have any volume loss that I noticed.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

9Lives

I saw that but I assumed it would be ok. It doesn't kill the volume terrIbly. But when I swItch the effect on there Is a volume drop. I'm out of 50 k pots. Do you think the 100 is ok

9Lives

I made a fewvchanges that help ed a little bit but the effect is still sucking all the beef out of the tone. (That don't even sound right) but explains it perfectly. It seems like there's a cap in there filterIng to much. I changed the 3n9 to the 4n7 and the 200k to 150k. I also changed the 750k to 470k and even found a 50 k pot to use as the mix.. I failed to mention before thAt I used a 33pf on ic 2 instead of  22 pf. I used a 1uf monolythIc ceramIc for the output cap. I notIce that the bass Is lost somewhere around pIn 14 of Ic 2.. I just cant pIn poInt exactly what Is goIng on.. hope some one can help clear thIs up. Ive been starIng at It all day..

Om_Audio

Sent via soup cans and string.

9Lives

Sort of... not really lol. Just accepted it for what it is for more until i or someone else figures out a good solution. It is what it is. I would actually use this pedal as a main delay if ii could get it to stop sucking tone. It's like it removes bass from the signal somewhere between the two chips resulting in volume loss. It's just a pain to have to adjust levels constantly to use it. I'm going to continue to think about it.
Why? You gots some answers?

Om_Audio

Oh too bad. No I have no answers just an unpopulated Cave Dweller board to build in the future. I like to see things get resolved on the forums as I search it a lot and is a super useful source of info and experience. I have 1 build and 1 test rig to my credit, I am still basically a novice.
I commented on an old unresolved Lowrider thread recently and subsequently some more knowledgeable guys chimed in and it was eventually solved!
C
Sent via soup cans and string.

skullservant

I just built up a Dub edition and encountered the same problem of it sucking out all of the low mids and bass from the signal, even with the mix all the way down. Wondering if there is somewhere in the signal path that is cutting the bass/not letting all frequencies in that swapping a few caps around would help