News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

most modulated delay?

Started by 9Lives, September 26, 2012, 05:15:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

9Lives

Hello all. I'm looking for a pt2399 delay that's very modulated. The only one I have that modulates is the carbon co py. It's pretty weak. Thanks

Scruffie

Most/Very modulated? That's quite a wide description.

Depth of modulation, the width of it? the rate? full delay modulation (i.e. pitch bendy)? Wave shape options?

This might help with what you currently have though http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?1931248-MXR-Carbon-Copy-analog-delay-Mod-modification
Works at Lectric-FX

pryde

Love the Echobase. Very nice delay on its own with added modulation controls (speed and depth) to get from subtle to full, sea-sick warbling with the repeats.

http://musicpcb.com/pcbs/echo-base-delay/

9Lives

That's what. I was looking at. Echo base. I want the repeats to move at a slow rate almost like a strong chorus on the repeats. I fkn like clean repeats. I love the decay of analog/tape echo. But I want to be able to crank the effect when needed. Ill say thIs.. the carbon copy's mod Is pathetIc. LookIng for somthIng more Intense.

Scruffie

As I posted above, there is a mod for the carbon copy if you can do SMD.

You could wait for the Madbean Zero Point too, that has modulation and lots of modes so it could be right up your street, it looks very cool, especially as an Echo Base alternative.

Really wanna hear the shimmer mode on it.
Works at Lectric-FX

Ettore_M

+1 for the Zero Point!

But there is the Magnus Modulus, which has both modulation and tremolo! It's a cool circuit, but it's rather complicated.. Here's the link: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=72527.0

There's a couple videos on Youtube too, so you can hear it. It's pretty versatile!

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

9Lives

just made a pcb and completed the echo base. I haven't boxed it yet. It is very modulated lol. Sounds great. I love that it goes over modulated so I can dial it to that perfect spot. The only gripe I have is that the range off the speed control is off for my taste. It's stated off at a normal speed at lowest settings and can't get it into slap back territory.. and the max time is WAY too slow. Beyond my likes for the pt2399.  IS there a mod I can do it change the range of the delay time pot?

Scruffie

Quote from: 9Lives on October 04, 2012, 01:00:41 AM
just made a pcb and completed the echo base. I haven't boxed it yet. It is very modulated lol. Sounds great. I love that it goes over modulated so I can dial it to that perfect spot. The only gripe I have is that the range off the speed control is off for my taste. It's stated off at a normal speed at lowest settings and can't get it into slap back territory.. and the max time is WAY too slow. Beyond my likes for the pt2399.  IS there a mod I can do it change the range of the delay time pot?
Lower value, less delay time, unless there's a series resistor with it, in which case dropping the value of that.
Works at Lectric-FX