News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Compressor (Afterlife) + Delay (Cave Dweller)

Started by dunwichamps, September 28, 2012, 02:11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dunwichamps

Hey folks, first post on the first of 3 builds featuring boards from Madbeans.

This one is a compressor + delay in a single enclosure (1790NS)

The compressor can be put into and out of the circuit using the 3PDT toggle on the left in the gut shot. What I am trying to explore in this prototype is making a delay which can work with heavy/high gain/high volume fuzz in front of it so my idea was to have a compressor before the delay to adjust levels and even out the signal, then after the delay use a boost to adjust levels to be unity when the entire delay circuit is bypassed. I have to still build a high headroom booster after this but for now this thing will help test out some concepts.

lincolnic

dunwichamps

Quote from: lincolnic on September 28, 2012, 03:21:32 AM
That is some inspirational wiring, my friend.

thanks i thought it was a bit sloppy but it was not my preferred wire of choice. its just some ratshack PVC solid core stuff where I usually have some 20 awg solid core teflon stuff which is much superior in terms of bending and soldering. I normally dont do PCB pedal builds and instead do all turret builds.

like this

midwayfair

Quote from: lincolnic on September 28, 2012, 03:21:32 AM
That is some inspirational wiring, my friend.

Heck yes, I was going to say the same thing.

dunwichamps

lincolnic

How long does it take you to plan and execute one of these guys? They're beautiful. (I am a sucker for stuff like this.)

dunwichamps

Quote from: lincolnic on September 28, 2012, 04:09:15 AM
How long does it take you to plan and execute one of these guys? They're beautiful. (I am a sucker for stuff like this.)

the turret stuff? well it depends on the complexity of the build. Planning can be quick if the circuit is easy to do with turrets. Fuzz Faces and Boosters are incredibly easy to do. Building probably takes me 2-3 weeks. I build slowly. Pedals are just a secondary thing. I usually build amps