News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

mudbunny

Started by eniacmike, November 20, 2010, 10:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eniacmike

mudbunny with the mids switch mod. c10 goes to a dpdt with 10n on one side 4.7n on the other so you can select scooped mids or flat mids. the flat mids is absolutely ripping!

I have bc550's in it right now and it is a beast, I tried it with some other transistors and it sounded a little smoother and quieter but I really like the bc550's

gtr2

Nice!  I do miss your usual creative graphics though...  :)
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

eniacmike

yeah I like doing the cool graphics too, but sometimes it's cool to have a weirdo mystery pedal.

everytime I make a pedal without graphics for somebody I get to have this conversation

my pedal is broken, it works in bypass, but when I turn it on the led lights up but I get no sound.

switch the input and output cables

I fixed it!
::)

jkokura

I've been in that situation too Mike. I now insist on marking it in someway, even if it's with Rubber Stamping method. It's a necessity I think, to at least mark function with a single letter, and it's VERY important to mark the expected Power supply. The buyer should assume you know best in these ways, and should accede. However, if I had a buyer who just plain wouldn't let me mark, I'd ask him to find another builder. It might mean a sale lost, but it also means I have control over the problems customers could have when warranty issues arise.

Your example with in and out jacks is funny, but it's not funny when the customer says, "I used this power supply with the pedal and it doesn't work anymore," and they used a 15V AC power supply for some pedal and blew the IC and transistors. Now it's a big job to fix it, and because YOU didn't label the expected power requirements, legally YOU are on the hook for the fix.

Always, ALWAYS, mark the pedal with expected power requirements when you build Ladies and Gents. Even if you do it with a sharpie on the inside of the plate.

Also, in another issue, always sign and mark the date of your build. You never know where a pedal will end up, and if for some reason you need to verify you're the builder, signing and dating the inside can be helpful.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals