News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pork Barrel, volume drop when not in "vibe" mode

Started by sgmezei, October 01, 2012, 10:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgmezei

I built my ver.2 Pork Barrel and it is sound great but I have a huge volume drop when I don't have the "vibe" mod activated.

I also don't know if I hear any difference with the "wet" mod engaged.

The pedal sounds great when in vibe mode though ;D. I don't know where to start debugging on this guy.

madbean

Double check you values for R9, R10 and R11. You can half the value of R9 to get more dry output. However, you should not have a big volume drop as you are describing. So, R9 might be the cause of that.

sgmezei

R9, R10, and R11 are all stock values. I am going to pull R9 and socket it. Maybe I can half it. It is not a subtle volume drop though. Hmmmmm

sgmezei

I socketed R9. When I halved the value, the volume increased in "vibe" mode. I am talking about when the vibe switch is connecting the two pads. Changing R9 affected only that volume.

I double checked R5, R6, R8, R9, R10, R11 and R27. They are all the same values as the build doc.

jkokura

Where is your mix knob? Unless your mix knob is all the way up, on vibe mode you will be quiet no matter what. The mix knob acts like a volume control for the vibe mode.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

sgmezei

Thanks Jacob and everybody! The mix knob was definetly a big factor. I am still finding a slight volume drop, but not like before.

I swapped R9 between 47k and 27k and it only makes the "vibe" mode louder. Is there any way I can increase the output of non-vibe mode so there is no volume drop at all when it is turned on?