News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pork Barrel - A bit loud

Started by latchkey, April 18, 2012, 08:57:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

latchkey

Hey, I don't know if this is a common problem or if this is just how this pedal is supposed to sound or anything, but when I engage this bad boy it is noticeably louder than my clean tone. There is also a change in the tone that I would characterize as 'warm' and 'slightly overdriven', but I assumed this was due to my choice to build the MN3007 model.

At first I assumed that the volume change was just the effect of removing R1, the pull down resistor, as suggested in the project, but even after adding this component back into the circuit I still experience a substantial increase in the noise, which is always appreciated, but is a bit unruly in this case.

Any suggestions?

madbean

The areas that are the most likely causes for too much output are incorrect values for R5, R6, R8, R9, R10, R11 and R27. These directly correlate to the gain of the two stages of IC1. Double check those resistors first.

latchkey

joelvanginkel

Was this issue ever resolved. I have exactly the same problem, but I check all the resistor values listed and they are correct. I'm wondering if there is any adjustment that needs to be made since I am using the higher voltage with the Road Rage board. Any help would be appreciated.

Joel