News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Maestro MP-1 Phaser

Started by Smeero, September 30, 2012, 05:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smeero

So I have a 1st draft stage fright board and scheme that the Beaner let me solder, but I have only got it to faintly phase (the balls works though). It's in that stage where I need to take a break before I throw it out the window because you've gone over everything with a fine tooth comb to no avail (need voltages but bean was going through hell at the time I was puttering :( )

Anyway the Maestro is a dream pedal of mine and I'd reached the point that my time might equal the cost of buying an original. And I couldn't wait any longer and splurged. Got it for about $150 with shipping. Sounds AMAZING! Looks awesome on the inside too :) I can now take original voltages, though I don't think they will help with the bean board. (some diff parts).

The MP1 does not have LEDs for lighting up the wheel knobs like the Stage phaser, though there are holes drilled for LEDs. I am going to switch out the vintage dpdt to true bypass (I don't care about resale value) and am considering adding the two LEDs. Adding two LEDs won't sag the voltage,right? (just need someone's confirmation to make me feel better about doing this to a gorgeous pedal )

GrindCustoms

You're LEDs will be wired off-board and probably in parrallel with the circuit, you should'nt have any problems.

I also own one those MP1(bought from Brian), i agree that it sounds incredible. ;D

If you're doing all those mods, why not add a dc jack?
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Smeero

I have battery clip adapters for my daisy chain, so I get the same result without having to drill a hole for the dc jack.