News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Boost alternative

Started by gtr2, October 04, 2012, 11:15:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzCdog

DuctTapeRiot

Good grief.  That looks about as reliable as an in-law with a tool you need. $220 for a servo motor with legs and a switch on a long cord.  The crazyest part about it to me is that there is no "preset" ability, looks like you would have to hold your foot on the button and hope and pray you let go at the right point.  What a distraction.

Also, I am really not sure what the deal is for bigger rigs etc, but with my gear, I get plenty of volume boost from the booster that I have at the end of my chain??

DuctTapeRiot

Oh man, I missed the best part the first time I read it: "Not since the 70's talk box has there been anything like this.. "

GuitarBuilder

Quote from: DuctTapeRiot on October 04, 2012, 02:49:48 PM
Oh man, I missed the best part the first time I read it: "Not since the 70's talk box has there been anything like this.. "

He's 100% correct!  But probably not for the obvious reasons............. ;D

wolfingsworth

Yep, that is definitely more practical than my $30 thunderpuss!

DutchMF

Neil Young has been using something like this for ages. It's called the Whizzer and controls almost all the knobs on his amp. Not commercially available, as it is built by his tech Sal Trentino (at least the first one was, in 1978). So not a really new idea, but cool that the guy is trying to make it available.

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Om_Audio

I'm sending him $220 just for the description. ,)
" Ever was in a solo and wanted to get the (wanted feedback squeal) and could not get it.. Now you can.. it is just like having a buddy come out on stage turn physically your amp up and then turn it down after you got your thrill on lead guitar hill .. It is time for lead guitarist to rock out and not be afraid. "
Sent via soup cans and string.

D-Day

Stiff upper lip you lead guitarists!  Fear is the mind killer!