News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sunking Tone Pot not working (and other issues)?

Started by Marcelo, November 22, 2010, 10:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcelo

Hey CRBMoA, I appreciate you are trying to help. Thanks!
C3 has been removed since I wired the pedal as true-bypassed. In accordance wiht the  instructions for the version 3, you need to remove C3 along with R3, R4, R28, R29, R30.
would that be the problem? i can see removing the Rs for a true bypass pedal, but I am not sure about C3...

madbean

Quote from: mdc on December 04, 2010, 03:02:50 PM
Madbean, I am not sure I follow you on your proposed test, sorry, but would you mind expanding a bit more on what to do?

Instead of taking your output from the "out" of the board, instead temporarily rig a wire from the output jack (or breadboard). When you play through the effect you can touch the wire to different parts of the circuit, and listen to the output at that point. It's just a shortcut to using an audio probe. I do this all the time on my breadboard when I want to hear what's going on at different parts of a circuit.

Anyway, what I'm suggesting is you try probing right around that tone pot and see if you are indeed getting signal. It sounds like your tone pot is acting like a fixed resistor rather than a variable one, which is what would result in the situation you are describing. Also probe on both sides of C15.

It is correct to remove C3 for TBP. You don't need anything from the buffer.