News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Smoothie & Mini Fuzz

Started by greyscales, October 13, 2012, 09:30:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greyscales

It's been a while since I've had any good builds to show off, but this week has been a building week.

First off, a Smoothie. I had it built for a couple weeks but hadn't matched the FETs. Yesterday I decided to go ahead and see what the difference was. It sounded good before but it sounds GREAT with a matched pair. The vibe mode is much more noticeable after.

This is my first 1590A. It's a Fuzz Face on vero. No bias control, but I used 16mm pots and 2n3904s. No mojo at all in this one, but it sounds just as good if not better than my BYOC Silicon Fuzz Face in half the size!

I was apprehensive about diving into the mini territory, but already I can tell more will be on their way. I had built the circuit up before with no intention of putting it into a 1590A. Last night I was bored and feeling masochistic, so I decided to try drilling the enclosure (without a template, just eyeballing it) and seeing how it went. Surprisingly I didn't have to trim any wires or anything. You would almost think I planned to put it in there!