News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Kingslayer: The Haberdasher Treatment [Demo added]

Started by JakeFuzz, October 13, 2012, 05:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JakeFuzz

Yet another pedal that puts my own graphical skills to shame. A Kingslayer that has been tweaked with a little. Uses my favorite two diode combos of BAT85/1N695 and two OA126's. Great sounding pedal. Love the clipping options. I haven't settled on a pair of soft clippers yet. Whenever people look at my boards they are always like "well I can believe you made all these other pedals but you made THIS one too"  :D   Thanks a ton Keefe, this thing looks absolutely great.

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

midwayfair

That's such a great graphic.

What did you settle on for the filtering caps? (And is that a ceramic cap in the soft clippers?)

k.rock!

haha wow this is awesome! Hab needs to teach us mere mortals how to do an etch so beautiful!
Great work inside too man! Bet it sounds great!

-K
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

timbo_93631

Really pretty etch.  Keefe's etching is awe inspiring.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

jalmonsalmon

That is purdy! Great job
My Kingslayer is sounding good but I need to grab some different diodes and LEDs to tweak it to taste.
One thing the Kingslayer did was kick my Badmonkey and MXR oD pedal off the board!

;D
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST . .

Haberdasher

Hey awesome, Paul!  Glad the parts finally came in so you could finish.  I hope you like your kingslayer as much as i like mine.  I don't even use my sunking anymore.

Thanks for all the nice words everybody. :)
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

jubal81

Too pretty for knobs. I'd have to put 'em on the side.
Awesome build!
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

JakeFuzz

Quote from: midwayfair on October 13, 2012, 06:14:03 PM
What did you settle on for the filtering caps? (And is that a ceramic cap in the soft clippers?)

Its been a few months since this one went together. I am pretty sure it is 99% back to the normal specs. I think I changed the 470pf back to 820pf. Maybe a few other things here and there. I've settled on 1n914's as the soft clippers, everything else sounds too dark to me in there. Yeah that is a 390pf cap over the soft clippers, smooths out the high end a bit.

Thanks everyone! Yeah this one is about to bump off the old Sunking to the shelf. Sounds so darn awesome!

Bret608

The Haberdasher treatment does tend to elevate a pedal, doesn't it?  :)  Not that I have one of Keefe's faceplates, but if I remember how stunning the copper side of my Cosmo board looked, I would certainly like to!

So are the OA126s in the hard clip section? Would love a demo as always!

JakeFuzz

Quote from: Bret608 on October 15, 2012, 01:58:13 PM
The Haberdasher treatment does tend to elevate a pedal, doesn't it?  :)  Not that I have one of Keefe's faceplates, but if I remember how stunning the copper side of my Cosmo board looked, I would certainly like to!

So are the OA126s in the hard clip section? Would love a demo as always!

It certainly does!

Yeah the OA126's are in the hard clip section. I may bust out a demo in the next few days comparing this to the Sunking although they sound very similar.

MIM#1

I have a sleeve of telefunken OA128's, any body familiar with those? Do the 126's have a much higher forward voltage than the Germanium 1N270's that the project calls for?Cause my OA128's have a higher fv than 1N4148's.

JakeFuzz

Quote from: MIM#1 on October 15, 2012, 05:02:15 PM
I have a sleeve of telefunken OA128's, any body familiar with those? Do the 126's have a much higher forward voltage than the Germanium 1N270's that the project calls for?Cause my OA128's have a higher fv than 1N4148's.

I am not familiar with the OA128's. The OA126's I have show about 0.65 Vf on the meter. They are about equivalent to a lot of the Si diodes I have seen. They sound great! Put those things in and tell us how they sound.  ;D

eldanko

I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

Roctopus