News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Wolfshirt (jkokura trade content and LaceSensor PIF content!)

Started by Bret608, October 15, 2012, 01:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bret608

Hi everyone,

Not long ago, I traded a Way Huge Pork Loin with Jacob for a load of goodies. A Wolfshirt board and parts and a cool pre-drilled enclosure were among the items. Jacob, I hope I did the enclosure justice!

This also has a DPDT and Millenium Bypass board I got in LaceSensor's holiday PIF last year. I had tried to use this in my Pork Barrel before, but was having some ground noise issues. I replaced the DC and in/out jacks and this switch since I never really could work out the problem (other than shoddy wiring on my part!). I don't think it was the switch or board as it worked out great in this build.

At first, this didn't fire up as it should. I had to have the sustain and volume up all the way to get any sound. After checking the wiring and power closely, I checked the transistor orientation carefully by looking at the current build doc (which has a 2n3565-shaped image on the silkscreen) and tracing out where each leg of each transistor goes. Then I crosswalked that over to the older layout board that I'm using--sure enough, each transistor was 180 degrees off!

Anyway, this sounds amazing! I've never played with an octave effect before, but I like it a lot. One thing that impresses me is how it sustains, in both normal or octave mode. Also, it gets above unity at around 9:00, which is something I like--if I were to play live, it would cut through like a champion.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Something else funny here...my adventure with the transistor pinout led me to some realizations about my Pepper Spray...I will post that in another thread!

jkokura

Yeah, that looks awesome! I particularly like the Marshall knobs.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Bret608

Thanks Jacob! I probably spent way too much time thinking about what knobs would look best with copper vein, and for me these are it. A black LED bezel may have looked cooler than the aluminum one I used, but I thought of that a bit late in the game.

I used the "ultraviolet" LED from PPP. It's this cool bluish-purple color which I like quite a bit. For future reference though, is there an LED out there that's more straight-up purple?

fish22

Hi, my name is Wyatt.

Bret608

Thanks! You're right, it's penny vein...I keep wanting to call it copper vein for some reason. I was trying to get the look of Jimmy Behan's pedals and I think it's pretty close. Simple and classy was my goal.