News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Totally Epic Klon Thread of Awesome About Swearing

Started by madbean, October 16, 2012, 09:34:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

Looks like the shopped pictures from before really were mockups. Because these aren't shopped. http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1157741

"Lols."

eldanko

www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

raulduke

So is this Klon guy purposefully attempting to ruin his own business with that screenprint?

Scruffie

The text and its placement has been tested for optimum tone obviously  ::)

Guys a god damn nut bag...
Works at Lectric-FX

Om_Audio

Sent via soup cans and string.

aziltz

Quote from: midwayfair on October 18, 2012, 12:49:15 PM
Looks like the shopped pictures from before really were mockups. Because these aren't shopped. http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1157741

"Lols."

still look shopped to me.   ???

DutchMF

If it's 'shopped: Good job, hilarious!

If not 'shopped: I wouldn't have one of those on my board, no matter how good it sounds! If this is for real, the guy is full of sh$t and a complete idiot/arse/wanker (personally, I love the last one, got it from hanging with Brits!)

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

raulduke

Ha ha, I kinda hope its true to be honest.

Can you imagine the thoughts of the guys that have pre-ordered one!

A quick tip; be carefull if using the w*nker word on Brits; its on about the same par as calling someone the C word.

Us Brits have a whole tiered structure of words we like to use to offend someone  ;)!

eg. 'you silly bugar' is a friendly insult, where as 'you stupid w*nker' is a very unfriendly insult  ;D

However, in the Klon guys case, I think you may be right with the latter  :D

juansolo

Yep, we can use swearwords as terms of endearment. For example we can call our best mate a c**t and it's perfectly acceptable (see the beginning of Shaun of the Dead)... It's all to do with the inference and it's difficult to capture that in text.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

DutchMF

Thanks for the insights on British swearing, guys! As a matter of fact, I was trying to be really impolite, as I think what this guy is doing with the new Klon is really preposterous! I'll try to be more carefull in the future! Maybe we can talk about the fine details through PM's, as I'm always eager to learn new stuff and don't want to offend the other forum-users. And you probably need to know that the people that are teaching me at the moment are Brits/Aussies..... Looking forward to your reactions!  ;)

juansolo

Ah you'll have good teachers. Brits and Aussies are champion swearers. The Scots and Irish might be the best at it, but it's generally incomprehensible when they get going, especially when they've had a few.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

alanp

There's the compliment of calling someone a genuine good c***, as well, which would probably throw an American off quite badly!

Barry Crump wrote a book called Bastards I Have Met, about good bastards, stupid bastards....  ;D
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

nzCdog

Quote from: juansolo on October 21, 2012, 01:25:45 PM
Ah you'll have good teachers. Brits and Aussies are champion swearers. The Scots and Irish might be the best at it, but it's generally incomprehensible when they get going, especially when they've had a few.
lol!

raulduke

Quote from: juansolo on October 21, 2012, 01:25:45 PM

I agree; the Aussies have taken their forebearer Brits love of swearing and have ran with it...

I remember one of my school teachers stories about Aussy humour:

He went to work over in Australia for a year, and popped down to the local pub for a pint.

He ordered his pint of lager, and the barman (with a totally straight face) pulled the pint, went into the kitchen and put the oven on, and put the pint in the oven for a few minutes.

He then removed it, gave it to my teacher, and said 'is that warm enough for you you pommy b*stard'.

My teacher laughed his arse off and after that him and the barman were best pals ha ha  ;D

DutchMF

Well, this thread went completely off the rails.... But in a very funny way! Loved that story, Raulduke!

Paul