News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

fatpants - echoplex preamp

Started by eniacmike, November 24, 2010, 04:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eniacmike

I am really pleased with the sound of this pedal.
with out getting all TGP on everybody it really is the perfect compliment to a strat. Especially the bridge pickup which sounds awesome with the fat pants. It thickens everything up, you still have the strat sound but it is just BETTER. the boost is mild but it's perfect I actually run everything cranked and it sounds great that way. Into my ghia clone it sounds really thick and woody, but I liked it even better into my crate vintage 20. The breakup was awesome and I had this sweet wilco "AM" tone.

I tried stacking it with a few other pedals and I thought it sounded best in front of my zendrive.

all in all great circuit small easy build. I did end up ordering the wrong kind of trimpots but I was able to bend the leads and get it to fit.

I put a bat on it because I didn't want to be so obvious with echoplex styled artwork. the paint is krylon sunshine yellow.

mjcyates

Very nice as usual. I also am a fan of this circuit, sounds really good!

gtr2

cool!  I've got the old version pcb waiting on me.  Might do that one next.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

CK1

Really nice!  I'm about to start this one, too.

masterlk

I see that you have omitted R5 - what does that do to the sound?

eniacmike

r5 is the current limiting resistor for the LED. It does nothing for the sound it just allows you to keep the clr on the board. My current limiting resistor is mounted on the 3dpt pcb on my switch. I like using those pcbs on the switch becuase they keep the led in place and stop it from popping out.