News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sparkplug!

Started by G.G., October 22, 2012, 10:52:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G.G.

This is a great sounding circuit!  I'm still messing around with stacking the IC's but for right now I'm going with a TLC2272. Really nice range of tone available. Differences between the switched clipping are more apparent at higher gain and they both sound very good. Nice job 'Bean!

njkke

Really nice build!
'n... You got the blues... Wire! :D

midwayfair

Great looking build (good photos, too, just sayin'). I love those knobs, I've got a few sitting around just waiting to go on a few pedals.

Haberdasher

nice gg.  I've almost got my sparkplug finished too!

I wish I could spray hammertone paint and have it come out looking like that.  it looks soooo good when it's done right, and you obviously know how it's done.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

G.G.

thanks guys! Keefe, the hammertone is actually really easy to do, just put your spray can in the 'fridge overnight. Works better with a thicker coat. I used the regular old Rustoleum from Home Depot and it works great.

Haberdasher

Hey Gray, thanks.

I actually tried that before after reading some stuff written on another forum by JLyons but it didn't work for me.  maybe it was too humid that week or something.  I'll try again some other time.

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

G.G.

maybe I can paint up an enclosure & we can work out a trade or somethin' ;-)

Haberdasher

Quote from: G.G. on October 22, 2012, 12:29:28 PM
maybe I can paint up an enclosure & we can work out a trade or somethin' ;-)
PM'ed

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

bigrigg

Love that Hammertone finish.  Great job on that enclosure.  Congrats.

studiodunn

Very cool box, great job. I dig those knobs allot. Where might they be found?

pickdropper

That's a nice looking build.  The hammertone works great with the artwork and the hardware.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

G.G.

thanks for comments everybody! The knobs are from the good folks at Small Bear: http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=110