News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

1st MB Build: Kingslayer

Started by jfk1063, October 23, 2012, 03:29:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfk1063

Hi,
My 1st post and 1st MB build: The Kingslayer.
It turned out pretty good and it's a really great pedal. For R11 I used a 422K and for C15 3n9 (like the Klon). For D4 and D5 I have NOS 1n60 diodes, for D8 and D9 3mm red leds, and for D2 and D3 I used 1n4148 in series and 1 1n4007 (somehow this combination sounds great to me).
Great pedal and many thanks to Brian!
Cheers from Amsterdam!

bigrigg

That's a great 1st MB build.  Looking forward to more.  Thanks for the parts info too.

jfk1063

Thanks, I also used carbon/metalfilm resistors and panasonic caps like in the Klon.
This is a killer pedal!  :o

nzCdog

jfk1063

Hi,
I 'needed' another Kingslayer since it's such a great pedal! (the best pedal I found that also works with the neck-pickup without making it muddy)
Here it is! (for me 422K for R11 sounds better)

Here is a clip. The solo starts around 1:58. I use the Kingslayer for medium gain and boost it with a regular centaur after it (apis board).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAtt6Erjt-Y

Thanks and cheers from Amsterdam,
  John

Haberdasher

yeah, that one looks really good to me
i like the arrangement in that type of enclosure.  might have to pick one up for meself...

cheers
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

micromegas

Quote from: jfk1063 on July 01, 2013, 07:42:45 AM
Hi,
I 'needed' another Kingslayer since it's such a great pedal! (the best pedal I found that also works with the neck-pickup without making it muddy)

Here is a clip. The solo starts around 1:58. I use the Kingslayer for medium gain and boost it with a regular centaur after it (apis board).

John

I know that what I'm going to say is completly off topic, but my gf and I are starting a travel through Europe tomorrow and I'm staying in Amsterdam the nights from 9 to 11.
Do you recomend some place to go to listen good jazz/blues music those days?
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

jfk1063

Quote from: micromegas on July 01, 2013, 09:18:13 AM
Hi,

John

I know that what I'm going to say is completly off topic, but my gf and I are starting a travel through Europe tomorrow and I'm staying in Amsterdam the nights from 9 to 11.

Check out:

Bimhuis
Melkweg
Paradiso
North Sea Jazz Club
Maloe Malo
Bourbon Street
Cafe Alto

You have to check google for their agenda. Have fun here!

DutchMF

Quote from: jfk1063 on July 01, 2013, 10:02:34 AM
Quote from: micromegas on July 01, 2013, 09:18:13 AM
Hi,

John

Check out:

Bimhuis
Melkweg
Paradiso
North Sea Jazz Club
Maloe Malo
Bourbon Street
Cafe Alto

You have to check google for their agenda. Have fun here!

I can especially recommend Cafe Alto on Wednesday nights. Then Hans Dulfer takes the stage, he's Hollands best known Jazz/Blues saxophone player and a hell of a cool guy! You might know his daughter Candy Dulfer (also on saxophone) from her work with Prince (yes, for real!!). A girl I regularly play with had the balls to bring her sax to Alto on a Wednesday night and managed to get on stage with Hans, she tore the place down!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Jabulani Jonny

Man, great looking and great sounding pedals!

You've got some really nice chops as well.  That video is going to be bookmarked and will be some upcoming study material!
Jonathan

slimtriggers

Nice builds and great playing!

gingataff

Great build, awesome band and sweet guitar! What is it?

jfk1063

Thank you!  :)

It's a Collings 290 guitar.

jfk1063

Hi everyone,
Here's my 3rd Kingslayer! Now with splitted gain pot, sounds good when the clean is just a little bit less then the gain/dirt.
Cheers!

youngstownguitar