News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

1590a TubeScreamer PCB out there?

Started by fish22, October 23, 2012, 06:20:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fish22

Hey just wondering if there is a 1590a TS9 or TS808 PCB available somewhere?
Thanks!
Hi, my name is Wyatt.

midwayfair

I don't think so ... There are several tubescreamer-ish derivatives (with no buffers) that will fit in a 1590A even on perfboard or an etch: Eternity, Zen Drive, etc. The buffers take up a lot of room, I haven't been able to make a layout fit without resorting to standing resistors.

fish22

Ok that is kind of what I figured. Thanks midwayfair.
Hi, my name is Wyatt.

pickdropper

I've been thinking of doing an SMT version of this.  If people are interested, I could do it sooner rather than later.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

eldanko

Didn't Grind Customs make something like this?  The Daily Driver?
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

jimmybjj

He built one  but I think it was saxonthefest board
Pcbs no longer available

madbean

I've actually done one, but never really got around to having it made. If there is enough interest, I could get some.

pk1802

Quote from: pickdropper on October 23, 2012, 11:34:40 AM
I've been thinking of doing an SMT version of this.  If people are interested, I could do it sooner rather than later.

I'd be interested in a SMT tubescreamer. I've been wanting to get started with SMT, something simple(ish) like a tubescreamer seems like a good place to start.

jimmybjj

I have one on the way for a personal project. I will have a couple extra's. Both buffers included with the option to eliminate one or both, fat and bright switches.
Pcbs no longer available

saxoftenest

I prototyped a layout. Then I remembered I'm not really a Tube Screamer guy.  ;D

Brian, I think this would be a cool addition to the baby boards - the lima bean?

Here's the one I built up. It has a diode switch for funsies:

pickdropper

Quote from: pk1802 on October 27, 2012, 04:56:20 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on October 23, 2012, 11:34:40 AM

I'd be interested in a SMT tubescreamer. I've been wanting to get started with SMT, something simple(ish) like a tubescreamer seems like a good place to start.

Cool, I may do that. 

While I am not certain on the Tubescreamer, I have been doing some SMT layouts lately and will likely have a few boards leftover.

That is, of course, if they work when they get here.  ;-)
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

njkke

Quote from: jimmybjj on October 27, 2012, 06:07:14 PM
I have one on the way for a personal project. I will have a couple extra's. Both buffers included with the option to eliminate one or both, fat and bright switches.

Hi Jimmibjj, I'm interested in your PCB, Have you have one?

jimmybjj

I think i have a couple of those still, let me check and i'll pm you.
Pcbs no longer available

GVC66

Hello,  very interested if you have any left...

kothoma

This one too includes both buffers: http://diy.thcustom.com/shop/ts-mini-pcb/
Was recently on sale, is currently out of stock  :(