News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New Jimi Pedals

Started by murdog47, October 26, 2012, 02:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

murdog47

jkokura

I tried to fix your link, but it seems you left something out. Try again?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

murdog47

sgmezei

Those look great. I would buy the univibe. Mine is in a MASSIVE enclosure!

midwayfair

Excellent demo, too ... Eric Gales rocks.

alanp

They sound great, look fab, and the enclosures are a good size (and not a weirdo shape like original FF's).

But...

I can't get over the whole "Oh jeez, not MORE friggin Jimi merch" feeling  :-\
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

raulduke

I agree. They sound cool and all.

But the words 'cash in' spring to mind.

I get the impression the Hendrix estate isn't averse to making money in whatever way possible (remember the Gibson Hendrix guitar ?  ::))

madbean

Most of us have already built what most likely is inside these :)

The Univibe in a 1590B is cool. I actually tired that once. However, I could not get rid of the damn noise...made it unusable. I'm guessing there is a lot of SMD in there (not that I have a problem with that).

pryde

That dude rips, just awesome.

I still like my home-brewed "Jimi" FF better  ;D

madbean

I saw him in concert way way back in the day. He was opening for someone...actually, it might have been a King's X show. He had the Jimi thing down to a "T"...even the clothes, moves, etc. It was pretty entertaining. I think he outgrew that, though.

I could never wrap my head around him playing the reverse Strat but with normal stringing...he plays high E to low E.

oldhousescott

I saw EJ in concert in Charlotte a couple of weeks ago, and for the encore, he brought out Eric Gales and they did two or three Jimi songs. I had heard his name, but wasn't familiar with his playing. That dude can rip! And, yeah, it's kind of weird to watching him playing, what to me is, backwards and upside down.

DutchMF

Quote from: madbean on October 29, 2012, 06:56:11 AM
I saw him in concert way way back in the day.

Man, for a moment there you got me thinking you were talking about Jimi Himself..... "No way, Brian can't be that old!"  :D

But cool pedals and playing indeed......

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Ettore_M

Quote from: DutchMF on October 29, 2012, 09:21:39 AM
Quote from: madbean on October 29, 2012, 06:56:11 AM
I saw him in concert way way back in the day.
Man, for a moment there you got me thinking you were talking about Jimi Himself..... "No way, Brian can't be that old!"  :D
+1!  ;D
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

madbean

That would be the only reason worth being older!

dwstanford

Yeah, Eric Gales is a bad ass.  I met him once at a friend's studio here in Memphis.  He's from here and i used to see him sit in with his older brother's band when he was like 15 or 16.  Incredible player and just a really cool dude.  That Albert King style weirds me out every time I see someone do it.  I've tried it and it seems impossible.