News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Baby Builds! Hipster, Afterlife, Loop Switch

Started by sgmezei, October 26, 2012, 11:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgmezei

Here are my first baby builds.

I am really digging the afterlife. I find it doesn't squash my attack like other comps. A really great sounding compressor. Copper hammertone finish

The Hipster sounds really funky right now in a good way. I am going to have to recheck what transistors are in there. i swapped out about 20 pairs until I found a combo that sounded somewhat "different". I tried it with another amp and guitar, and the sound wasn't really happening for me. I still have to experiment some more. I also used a 1kC pot which is working great. The finish is silver hammertone on top of black.

This is a plain ol' loop switch based off of the general guitar gadgets wiring. She works. The finish is purple underneath with a topcoat of silver hammertone.

Om_Audio

Awesome! Paint came out great and love the led placement on the fx loop.
I am a little worried though I am building an fx loop in a 1590a in a few days with same components as you but I ordered a clickless switch PCB from Jack Orman and I hope I can make it fit.
Nice work man thanks for sharing,
C

Ps, I have only drawn up a 1590a on paper but gaining huge appreciation for building with them, they are really small!
Sent via soup cans and string.

GrindCustoms

Really well made! Love the paint jobs :)

Kudos for the «standard» hardware use!
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Haberdasher

Those look great, SM!  I like the hammertone over paint, you got some really cool looking results.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

gtr2

Starting a 1590a addiction I see  ;)

Nice stuff!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

nzCdog

Aw dad... can we keep 'em... pleeeze?!  8)
That hammertone blend is a cool idea, looks really nice.

raulduke

Nice builds dude.

The Hammertone over paint look is really nice.