News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Upcoming projects

Started by jkokura, November 27, 2010, 03:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

Hey guys

Thought I'd post some of my upcoming projects. These enclosures have been tooled, decaled, and are awaiting clear coating. Having to have the decal reprinted for the red enclosure, it'll be a fuzz face. The blue one with stamping will be a lunar module clone.

Enjoy!

http://img190.imageshack.us/i/imagedkx.jpg/

Jacob

Oh, Brian, it's Wednesday. My foot doesn't seem to have any effect.
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jackbart1960

Jacob,
You have been busy! Good looking work too. What you using for your graphics?
Peace. J.J.B.

madbean

Quote from: jkokura on November 27, 2010, 03:38:35 PM

Oh, Brian, it's Wednesday. My foot doesn't seem to have any effect.

Not to worry, I've been working non-stop for three days on new stuff. I'm taking my time to make everything perfect, including the documentation.

stevewire

Wow Jacob, you have been busy.

jkokura

Quote from: jackbart1960 on November 27, 2010, 05:11:33 PM
Jacob,
You have been busy! Good looking work too. What you using for your graphics?
Peace. J.J.B.

Hey Jack, sorry for not getting back to you on this sooner!

I use a pretty interesting method. I use inkscape to create vector graphics for all my pedals. I use layouts that I print out with spots for drilling which I punch, making it easy to match up the graphics with the knobs and switches nicely.

I then send the graphics to be printed out by a local sign making shop. They print the graphics on clear decal stock, I think it's vinyl. That's how I get the white, they use they're high tech expensive machines, and it cost me an average of four or five bucks a pedal.

The decals come out after being cut by a laser in precisely the right shape, and then it's just like sticking a sticker on the top of an enclosure. I coat the enclosure and the sticky side of the decal with a little bit of soapy water, then it slides into place and I begin to squeeze the air and the water out the sides with a small squeegie and some paper towel. Let it dry, then I begin the clear coating process!

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

NoizeD

now that is something complex  :P ;D

gtr2

Is the dual delay a pt-80 or echo base?
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jackbart1960

Jacob,
Thanks brother. I'll have look around the Boston area, there must be someone. I've been using the clear Testors ink jet decal paper but the color density is not the best. With a comercial printer that wouldn't be an issue I would imagine. I think I'd want to nail one down that I'd be building a few and try to get that $4-5 cost down though.
Peace. J.J.B.

jkokura

Quote from: jackbart1960 on November 30, 2010, 07:38:16 AM
Jacob,
Thanks brother. I'll have look around the Boston area, there must be someone. I've been using the clear Testors ink jet decal paper but the color density is not the best. With a comercial printer that wouldn't be an issue I would imagine. I think I'd want to nail one down that I'd be building a few and try to get that $4-5 cost down though.
Peace. J.J.B.

Yeah, I only get a printout done every couple months. In order to get the lower price I have to have several pedal graphics printed at once. The shop I use has a base fee of 30 bucks, plus tax, so getting 6-10 pedal graphics done is what brings the price down. I also get some of my logo's printed to give away as stickers or use on boxes for the pedals I sell. That helps make it worth it really quickly.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

gtr2

Quote from: gtr2 on November 30, 2010, 06:19:45 AM
Is the dual delay a pt-80 or echo base?

bump, just curious Jacob

josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jkokura

It's neither (and sorry for missing the comment the first time). It's going to be a Ping Pong Delay with a PTAP circuit with some modifications. I kinda pre-emptively did the enclosure, and the truth is I'm not sure I'll even be able to get the circuit to work! I picked it up used, it might need debugging, and I'm not sure if it'll work the way I want. In any case, I have the enclosure so I can always keep it for something else that's similar in the future.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

gtr2

That's cool.  Sounds interesting.  Keep us updated!  I really am kind of a delay nut, but have yet to do any diy delays.  Still on the long list of projects to do...
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer