News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tonmeister (3 Band EQ + Boost)

Started by raulduke, September 24, 2012, 07:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raulduke

This is one of my own projects that I have been tinkering with for a while, and have finally finished and boxed up.

I wanted an eq to use with my Fender Champ clone head, which has a lovely tone but could do with a bit of tweaking now and then.

It provides around 12dB of boost at each freq, with the low and high stages having a shelved response, and the mid stage being a 'bell' response (with the centre freq at a devilish 666Hz :D)

The booster stage gives around 11dB max boost.

I'm finding it really versatile at the moment; treble boost, mid boost, mid-scooping etc, full freq boosting; it seems to be able to handle most tone sculpting requirements pretty well so far.

The majority of the circuit is adapted from a standard active 3-Band baxandall eq circuit. The eq stage is preceeded by a simple buffer, with an op-amp booster stage also incorporated after the eq.

I'm really happy with this one, and was even considering making a small batch of these to sell; but pretty much as soon as my prototype PCB's arrived the EQD Tonejob was released which looks like a very similar concept   :'(  :D

Anyway, enough of my ramblings, and I hope you like the pics!

midwayfair

Wow, that is SMALL for a 3-band EQ circuit. Great job! How's the separation between the T/M/B bands?

GrindCustoms

Love this alot, really the kind of circuit that i'd be into, devilish frequency are a must! 8)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

nzCdog

Looks great... and great layout/design.  Be a secret weapon on the pedalboard methinks

MattOcaster

Awesome build, clean and pro.
Had a Runoffgroove Tonemender assembled but not boxed up for ages!
Check out my Blog :D
www.SonicTitanFx.com

raulduke

Cheers guys!

Yeah I'm finding it really usefull at the moment.

EQ is not the 'sexiest' of pedals but its a damn usefull tool  :)

crashguitar

Hey, sorry to revive an old thread, but I am home on break for a couple days and was digging around the forum.

Raulduk, any chance you would be willing to share schems and layouts for this eq? It sounds really interesting.

Chad

raulduke

Hey Chad,

Thanks for the interest.

I have ordered some PCB's for the project, which I will have for sale soon.

They are in the post so it shouldn't be long at all 'till they arrive.

Keep an eye out in the Buy/Sell/Trade area, or PM me for details.

Cheers!

Steve.

crashguitar

Cool. Thanks for the info. I will be watching...

Chad