News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

slow loris

Started by eniacmike, November 28, 2010, 03:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eniacmike

here is my slow loris build. paint is testor's one coat lacquer "fiery orange" I got a ton of testors spray paint at michaels on friday with 25% off.

I built it with a dpdt on-off-on incase I wanted to put led indicators, but I decided not to for now.

I love rats, and this is a great layout. I have used the tonepad board, vero, and the 4 knob rat boards from boardshop and this is the smallest and tidiest boards.

The sound is great and for some reason I feel like the filter control is smoother than my other builds I think I might have used a different taper on the pots before though.

for the artwork I was going to try to do some hippie looking tye-die stuff but I decided to do the bandana print instead. kind of sublte but I like it.

stecykmi

good ol' LM308.

nice build, i love the clipping with leds.

gtr2

How does the finish with the testors paint hold up with wear and tear?  Nice build once again btw.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

eniacmike

I haven't had any problems with the testor's paint. but I always clearcoat over it a few times with polyurethane. I have been using polycrylic spray for the last couple of months becuase it dries faster and cleans up with water and I really like the results.

eniacmike

I figured out why my tone control wasn't working as much as I am used to. I had it wired wrong. fixed the wiring and now it works just like a regular rat tone control.