News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ampmaker Double Six

Started by juansolo, November 05, 2012, 01:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Now done. Details here: http://juansolo.demon.co.uk/stompage/ampage.html

Blokey that made the cab for me is making me a matching 2x10 after one I had lined up fell through.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

TNblueshawk

Oh wow, that is freakin' beautiful  :o
John

pryde

nzCdog

GrindCustoms

Nice one Juan!

That kit is so tempting...., even with shipping to Canada it's a steal....with the VAT tax taken off.....

I just spent some time on your website, it's the first time that i really do, great job you did over there, like the car reviews... ;)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

midwayfair

Beautiful work inside that. Your friend does nice cabs, too. :)

What speaker are you pairing with it?

juansolo

I've managed to grab a pair of Eminence Legend 1028k 10" speakers for comically low money. Allegedly they sound like Jensens C10Rs... They were so cheap I had to buy them, so I'll give them a go. If I don't like them, I'll pull them and stick a Cajun/Ramrod combo in there. Again, surprisingly cheap enough to be able to try and flog them if I don't like them. If all else fails I'll get a 10" Celestion Gold and 10" Greenback and drop that in. Fantastically more expensive to do that though, so saving that combo till last!

The cab he's making is a square 2x10 the width of the head. Speakers diagonally mounted in it.

juansolo

Quote from: GrindCustoms on November 05, 2012, 05:58:37 PM
Nice one Juan!

That kit is so tempting...., even with shipping to Canada it's a steal....with the VAT tax taken off.....

I just spent some time on your website, it's the first time that i really do, great job you did over there, like the car reviews... ;)

Cheers bud, yep that's my other obsession ;)

alanp

Me like! Better be careful, amp building can get addictive.

That style of amp head cab always puts me in mind of Dumble Overdrive Specials...
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

juansolo

Yeah, I asked him to do it Dumble style but in Fender colours. Fender style doesn't look quite as right without the sloping face plate on the amp.

I'll be picking it up later in the week. He reckons it looks better in the flesh too.

I've got an old brass Daimler chassis plate to go on the front in lieu of a badge. The Daimler link being that the Double Six was a car in the 30s. They re-used the name in the 90's, but the original is just ultra classy. 7.1 ltr V12, that'll do nicely.

raulduke

Awesome build dude.

Double Six is next on the list for me.

That is one awesome Daimler as well  :o

gtr2

Nice.  Thanks for sharing the finished amp!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

GrindCustoms

Quote from: juansolo on November 06, 2012, 01:38:27 AM
Nice one Juan!

Sorry if off-topic...........but............... ;D

I'm a die-hard fan of mechanic and anything that got an engine inside.......i've amateur raced Enduro-Cross, Mud Drag and even Nitro R/C cars........., never been into cars that much.....for my personnal use....too expansive.......when you open the hood to have concrete results.

But! I have my track license that i got from the BMW Driving school here in Quebec! ;D
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

oldhousescott

juansolo

Quote from: GrindCustoms on November 06, 2012, 04:20:09 AM
Quote from: juansolo on November 06, 2012, 01:38:27 AM
Nice one Juan!

Sorry if off-topic...........but............... ;D

I'm a die-hard fan of mechanic and anything that got an engine inside.......i've amateur raced Enduro-Cross, Mud Drag and even Nitro R/C cars........., never been into cars that much.....for my personnal use....too expansive.......when you open the hood to have concrete results.

But! I have my track license that i got from the BMW Driving school here in Quebec! ;D

Offtopicness is catching. Always been obsessed with cars since I was a kid and have been lucky enough for the last 13 years or so to have punted some very nice gear around some stonking circuits. Don't know how long I'll be able to keep doing it. So enjoying it while I can. No point looking back with regret for not doing it.