News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Hamlet + Delay with mods

Started by Aleph Null, April 15, 2024, 11:07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleph Null

I built this stock and found it to be a little noisy with my rig. This isn't a criticism per se—my amp is particularly sensitive to noise and PT2399s aren't known for their fidelity.

I received the enclosure as a Christmas gift and wanted to show off as much of it as possible. Label maker labels are encased in clear coat.

The output volume was mounted internally. The "tails" switch grounds lug 2 of the "Repeats" (or Regen) control by connecting it to lug 6 of the bypass footswitch. This grounds the output of the PT2399 when the "tails" switch is activated and the effect is bypassed.

Above is the original schematic with my values in red. R2 and R4 were changed because that's the closest value I had on hand. R3 and R13 were changed to increase the dry and delay output. Unity volume can then be achieved with a lower "Output" setting, which attenuates the noise from the PT2399 and the rate LEDs. C14 and C15 were upped to reduce the hiss in the repeats. They still have that bright bell-like quality that's the signature of this circuit, but there's no burst of white noise that you get at higher delay settings with the stock values.

On the whole, I'd recommend this circuit. I don't think most people would hear the increase in noise floor with most setups.

jessenator

That's neat. Always interested to try new PT2399 circuits, so I'll add this one to the list of breadboard projects.