News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lil' Green Watter!

Started by nzCdog, November 03, 2012, 11:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzCdog

This is a 1 watt tube/ss hybrid practice amp design I have been working on for a while... finally reaching a state of completion!

12AU7A preamp, LM386 poweramp.  Gain and Tone controls, Bright/Fat switch, 12VDC powered. 
Cab is 9mm ply open back with 2x3" Philips old stock speakers... they have a great freq response for a guitar amplifier.  It's neat fun to play... surprisingly loud too.

Scratched up a quick demo this avo before the camera went flat... 'scuse the noodly-mess playing and obnoxious guitar change halfway through  ;D

If anyone is interested I'll put together a project sheet with the schematic and pcb artwork at some stage.  :)

Project doc link here

alanp

Sounds good! I love the arrangement of hardware.

Is there much bass to it in real life? YT and handycams don't pick up much bass at all...
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

nzCdog

Thanks Alan :)  You definitely get more thump with bigger speakers...  I tried it thru a 2x12 and it was very loud.

Om_Audio

Sent via soup cans and string.

GrindCustoms

That is really nice!

I'd be in for a pcb! hehe! ;D
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

juansolo

Awesome, you must make a head cab for it just to finish the look!
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

njkke

Really impressive!  :o
With a Send/Return Loop it could be even better!

pickdropper

That thing looks fun.  Very cool build.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

midwayfair

Quote from: nzCdog on November 03, 2012, 11:23:26 PM
If anyone is interested I'll put together a project sheet with the schematic and pcb artwork at some stage.  :)

Um, heck yes? This is something I've been thinking of for a while (combining the tube pre with the 386).

You got two excellent sounds for such a simple amp in that video: The rangemaster (LM386 amps tend to sound dark) and the Les Paul + reverb with the amp dimed. I don't think it handled the Klon as well, though.

MattOcaster

Awesome stuff!
Really like these innovative projects!
Check out my Blog :D
www.SonicTitanFx.com

Bluestrat

Very Cool  :o Would love to see this as a project or pcb.

JakeFuzz

Yes! this is so cool  :D I would love to see the schem and a layout. I can see a host of micro 2x3" twins in the future.

Haberdasher

very cool!  sounds great too!  ;D
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

hoodoo

Love this mate, especially the green jewel lamp :) sounds great, all the best, Matt.

nzCdog

Thanks guys! I'll put together a project sheet when I get time over the next few days :)