News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Quadrovibe

Started by juansolo, November 03, 2012, 12:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Madbean's Quadrovibe on a board etched by Haberdasher. Looking very familiar (indeed I'm using this post as a kind of awesomeness test...). Heard Cleggy's, loved it, had to make one for me

Getting it into this enclosure took a surprisingly large amount of effort. Cleggy had similar trouble with his. It's a strangely involved build when it comes to boxing it up. Great pedal though and well worth the effort.

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

pickdropper

It may have been hard to stuff, but you can't tell by the guts.  Very cleanly wired.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

GrindCustoms

That is indeed a really neat job, i got to build this one...........pcb is starring at me.....
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

midwayfair

That picture DOES look familiarrr . ....

Quote from: pickdropper on November 03, 2012, 01:11:42 PM
It may have been hard to stuff, but you can't tell by the guts.  Very cleanly wired.

Yeah, seriously. Mine was a wreck inside. :)

alanp

Meet the Feebles, by Peter Jackson? It has that look to it.

The insides, though... your messy is other people's pristine, I think :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

stecykmi

you're making it look easy...

nzCdog

Quote from: alanp on November 03, 2012, 05:24:36 PM

^this
Nice work 8)

MattOcaster

This crazy neat wiring always seems to elude me!  ;D

I always leave some excess wire in case the PCB has a problem and I can look at it properly without unscrewing everything.
I guess the the better u get it this, the less PCB troubleshooting and the better u can make your wiring.

Do you test your stuff before wiring it in properly tho?

Again, great job! :)
Check out my Blog :D
www.SonicTitanFx.com

juansolo

It was in and out of the box quite a few times during the assembly to the point that when it was done, the 3 pots and switch are nigh on rigid and it just the right place. Just had to do it one bit at a time, as it's an etched board doing it meant the following:

- All pots in, top two with stripped leads fitted to get them aligned, switch in and double sided foam tape on the pots and jacks in. Then board on that. That got the alignment of that.

- Then lift out the board with the three pots attached allowing me to solder the top two in position.

- Put leads on for the switch and trial fit again, cut leads to length, remove board and switch (and bottom pot which is currently just taped on as it's in the way). Solder switch in position out of the box then drop back in to test fit.

- Put leads on bottom knob, bolt back into box (new DSF tape on the back), drop board back in, cut leads to length. Remove again taking the pot with it. Connect pot wires. Put remaining leads on board.

At this point it was completely drop in removable...

Then power and jacks. Power/ground leads to length and charge pump installed. Then LED in, lead cut to length and connected, stomp in and all remaining connected. Not sure how easily it'd have come out had it not worked at this point... I suspect the link wires would have to go, but then it should just pop out and you'd be able to bend the pots out of the way.

Normally I can do a box this size in about 30 mins... This one took nearly two hours (there were a couple of issues and mistakes I had to sort).

Challenging, but rewarding ;)

juansolo

Quote from: MattOcaster on November 04, 2012, 01:02:18 AM

Do you test your stuff before wiring it in properly tho?

Usually I do. Certainly if it's the first time I've built something. But Cleggy had done his so I knew what it did and how it worked, so as long as I didn't screw it up, I was reasonably confident I'd be ok...

Ones I do pre-test, I take all the wiring off and generally start again when I box them. It's the only way to do it tidily. My scruffiest builds are when I haven't been arsed to do this ;)

juansolo

Quote from: alanp on November 03, 2012, 05:24:36 PM
Meet the Feebles, by Peter Jackson? It has that look to it.

Certainly looks like one. But it's just a random mad-looking creature I found on the interweb.

njkke

I love every single pedal you've done till now, they're professional inside and funny outside and the fonts are really cool!  ;)

juansolo

Places that I tend to use most are:

http://www.ffonts.net/

http://www.dafont.com/

http://www.1001freefonts.com/

...and http://www.wallpapervortex.com/ seems to cover a lot of the backgrounds. Some very cool stuff there. Otherwise google and photoshop.

raulduke

Really nice build mate.

Very neat wiring too.