News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Weird Glitch, Fuzz, Delay Thing..

Started by pryde, May 30, 2012, 10:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

The Doombutter, thanks to Haberdasher for another great pcb.

This has the fuzz-lift mod to get a cleaner sound for the weirdness. This pedal makes no sense but thats the point. actually its is very cool. Play softly and get regular notes but start digging in for crazy glitchy feedback and other nutty sounds.

I used a radio shack LDR and led for the opto-coupler, works great. Nobody needs one of these pedals but why not  ;D

lincolnic

Did you find the fuzz lift useful? I have one of these waiting to be boxed and I'm considering doing this mod.

I love the knobs you used, and the flowers. Shame about the typo, though.

pryde

Yes the fuzz lift is worth doing in my opinion as it turns the dirt into a light overdrive vs a heavy fuzz. Playing it with single coils makes it pretty clean sounding in the lift mode.

Yes I caught the typo after I applied the decal/before clear coating. Decided to just say screw it and leave it since it is a "weird/wierd" pedal anyway  :D

lincolnic

Cool, I'll definitely try it then. Thanks for the info!

Om_Audio

Love your design! Could you post a demo? Thanks!
C
Sent via soup cans and string.

juansolo

Like. Made one of these for me. Completely useless yet strangely compelling...
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Om_Audio

Wait, is this a Clari(not)? If so I already have a PCB from Frequencycentral for this!
C

MattOcaster

Check out my Blog :D
www.SonicTitanFx.com

nzCdog

Ha very cool!  I like the name, looks like fun :)

Quote from: juansolo on November 04, 2012, 11:11:47 AM
Made one of these for me. Completely useless yet strangely compelling...

All the demos I hear of this circuit make me think the same thing!

Om_Audio

I watched a demo today and it seemed versatile. You could get non crazy fuzz and all sorts of other stuff. Def more useful IMO than say a ring modulator (which I do love too). Other demos I have seen seem to make it appear to be incapable of doing anything remotely "normal". I am not sure how different the frequencycentral PCB will be from the original. I will find out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwuMnM-292s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

C

MattOcaster

The FC Deluxe has an LFO option as well as the Envelope.
Big improvement in my opinion. :)
Check out my Blog :D
www.SonicTitanFx.com

bigrigg

Quote from: Om_Audio on November 05, 2012, 04:01:42 AM
I watched a demo today and it seemed versatile. You could get non crazy fuzz and all sorts of other stuff. Def more useful IMO than say a ring modulator (which I do love too). Other demos I have seen seem to make it appear to be incapable of doing anything remotely "normal". I am not sure how different the frequencycentral PCB will be from the original. I will find out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwuMnM-292s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

C

check out my post for this pedal (modded) called the WTF.  Definitely musical and many good applications.

Om_Audio