News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ne571 subbed instead ne570 for dirtbag?

Started by guycapuano, November 24, 2012, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guycapuano

Is this an acceptable sub? All I have on hand is a ne571...

LaceSensor

guycapuano

Huh I ripped a ne571 out of an old delay pedal, possible fried it. But got a delay signal and biased both BBD on pin3, only one delay though, then none of the rest of the bias instruction worked, no oscillation, no audible repeats when hooked up to break out box. The level and blend knobs fully functional. So u figured maybe try to rock the ne571 in the socket a little better since a little solder was on some legs, then broke a leg off!!!

So I am wondering does the compander control the feedback and repeats? I feel likes build is good, and I just need a new 570, thoughts?

guycapuano

Oops nope I completely forgot the last IC tl072  ;D Works perfect now, I even soldered a jumper to the missing leg of ne570 and it works perfect. I had to dial in a little cleaner signal through the bias knob by ear. Not in the instructions but worked. The repeats are nice, feel like they could be a touch cleaner with heavier plucks.

Scruffie

Quote from: guycapuano on November 25, 2012, 02:42:50 PM
Oops nope I completely forgot the last IC tl072  ;D Works perfect now, I even soldered a jumper to the missing leg of ne570 and it works perfect. I had to dial in a little cleaner signal through the bias knob by ear. Not in the instructions but worked. The repeats are nice, feel like they could be a touch cleaner with heavier plucks.
Welcome to 70s technology, analog delay isn't gunna be clean.

Better biasing may clean it up some but it'll never be entirely clean.

And yes, as you discovered the 570 & 571 are interchangeable here.
Works at Lectric-FX