News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mad Bean European Piss Up! (open to everyone, of course)

Started by DutchMF, November 06, 2012, 10:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DutchMF

First off, anybody is welcome! You don't have to be from europe to join in on the fun, it would just be a much longer flight!  ;D

So, this is the idea: get as much forum members together at the same time, in the same city, drink beer, discuss everything remotely connected to this forum and have a good time.

I don't care if this takes a couple of months to organize, or where it's gonna take place, as long as we all agree on a time and place. One thing I can say: If it's gonna be in Holland, I can provide a bed for two people, providing they don't mind sharing a bed.....

Of course, this is also open for people from other continents, but they will have to take travel expenses etc. into account.... Would be great to have The Original Bean (yeah, you Brian!), but we'll have to see about that...

Anyone up for a crazy thing like this?

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

night-B

Appart that I recently had a surgery with a few cuts in my spine, so I can't drive until January, and that my spoken English is poor, and that I'm boring to death....I'm always here when I can drink some Belgium beers with cool guys :)
A geek convention needs a dress code, just in case everyone's afraid of people talking about 3pdt Tl074 russian GEs and VTL5c3...
I think Holland is great place for talking about Pots :p

juansolo

Lol. Coming back from Zandvoort last time we were stopped at Rotterdam before boarding the ferry by the cops and were asked if we had been partaking in the local produce, as it were (and if we were planning on taking any home). Which gained a chuckle from us. Pointing at the racing car on the back of the motorhome we mentioned that driving that in any way impaired would be a rather bad idea... So no. Give them their due, they were pretty cool about the whole thing and were more interested in the car than anything else.

We were stopped on the way out also as they thought we might be smuggling a stolen car abroad. The race car, two sets of wheels, all the other paraphernalia didn't really twig with them... We just must look dodgy!

But yeah, logistics permitting. Beer good.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

night-B

Sorry if there are some here but....a lot of cops are stoooooopid! Especially the ones with the batman syndrom, thinking they are the only one able to see bad guys hidden in the crowd, that the city will be doomed without them!
When I was 20 with piercings and trash metal look, I used to drive my father BMW with my girlfriend, so I had lots of controls, thinking the car was paid with cocaine shop benefits  >:(
BTW I once went to Amsterdam with 4 friends (we were around 22) and we all kept a 5 grams of lacal grass for home relaxing and when we arrived at the France frontier, the police guy watched us with his most irritated pitbull face. I think we all had sweat on our faces but he let us pass... He should have decided to control old mens with caravans this day  ;D