News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Nautilus. With fishes.

Started by midwayfair, November 07, 2012, 06:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

Quote from: Bret608 on November 08, 2012, 09:40:30 AMteal translucent

yeah, this is one of those PPP finishes that just looks really amazing in person. My photography skills are ... lacking.

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

sst4270

It looks like either the pcb is wrong or the artwork is wrong, but the HI/LO and Range switches are reversed...

-Steve

Great looking build.

midwayfair

Quote from: sst4270 on November 08, 2012, 10:44:04 AM
It looks like either the pcb is wrong or the artwork is wrong, but the HI/LO and Range switches are reversed...

-Steve

Hah. Bugger. I must have checked that a dozen times. Oh well. They're not too terribly descriptive anyway to confuse me when I'm using it.

sst4270

I agree... about the Hi/Lo versus High/Low Range.

I received my board this week and I'm sourcing parts...
I know the BOM recommends a 3P4T rotary switch, but shouldn't it be 4P3T switch?
Otherwise you have a (4th) position that can be rotated to that does nothing...

Maybe Brian can chime in here...

-Steve

BTW: Here's the artwork I'm working on for mine... Hope you like it and hopefully no one is too offended by the clone-ish style...

midwayfair

Quote from: sst4270 on November 08, 2012, 11:54:13 AM

I know the BOM recommends a 3P4T rotary switch, but shouldn't it be 4P3T switch?

He did. http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=6759.0

It's actually a SP3T.

madbean

The rotary switches have a ring stopper that you set in position. So, you just need to set it for three rotations. You can also use a 1P12T or an On.On.On DPDT. It doesn't really matter as long as it has at least one pole and three terminals.

juansolo

Yup, used on/on/on switches on our builds (as usual they've gone into the boards awaiting enclosures box. There's quite a bit in there!). Sounds ace.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Knut Koupee

guycapuano

Looks greart Midway, excellent artwork too!

GermanCdn

Very nice, just finished mine, and also don't know how or where I'm going to use it, but it will get used.  Likely in my bass rig.  Will post pics this weekend.

Looking forward to your second nautilus build in a 1590A.   :P
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

midwayfair

irmcdermott

Quote from: sst4270 on November 08, 2012, 11:54:13 AM
I agree... about the Hi/Lo versus High/Low Range.

I received my board this week and I'm sourcing parts...
Otherwise you have a (4th) position that can be rotated to that does nothing...

Maybe Brian can chime in here...

-Steve

BTW: Here's the artwork I'm working on for mine... Hope you like it and hopefully no one is too offended by the clone-ish style...

How did you do those numbered dials? I've tried but can never get it right.

guycapuano

that nauti-tron artwork is excellent!

gingataff

Love the fishes although I must admit I was expecting vintage caps  ;D

The nautitron is cool, I was planning something similar for mine but couldn't figure out how to do the dials in inkscape.