News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Angel (Pork Barrel)

Started by juansolo, November 08, 2012, 10:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Still the best chorus out there. Road Rage lurking underneath running the effect at 15v.

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

nzCdog

Quote from: juansolo on November 08, 2012, 10:18:29 AM
Still the best chorus out there. Road Rage lurking underneath running the effect at 15v.

Agreed, particularly with MN3007! Great job 8)

bigrigg

Beautiful artwork.  Congrats

DutchMF

First: Love your taste in women, errrr, graphics juan! Lovely as always. Second: you do the same as me, orientate resistors so the colored bands match up!  ;) Third: I got to build me a 15V, MN3007 Porkbarrel!!
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

juansolo

It's an OCD thing I think. Though I usually abandon it when I get one in the wrong way and it becomes a little more random.

Which annoys me slightly.

Also the cap at the top left that isn't straight so the back fits on. I can see it a mile away and it's mocking me.

Bezels on watches that rotate have to be central also.

hmmmmm...  :-[
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Om_Audio

Good catch Dutch, I'm going to try that I like the way it looks.
Juan, As for OCD, ya man you have all the signs. :'(
There is a group support thread here somewhere called "signs of terminal buildage" or something. Check it out.
:)
C
Sent via soup cans and string.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

timbo_93631

I'm guilty of putting the tolerance bands all the same direction as well, but I'll throw 1/8w carbon comps in an otherwise all metal film laden pedal without hesitation so maybe I am some sort of super selective OCD person.  The thing I always go nuts on is getting the wiring really straight.  Straight runs, wires crossing at 90 degrees etc.  Pedal looks fantastic btw.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

pickdropper

Nicely done as always.  Cool graphics and cleanly built inside.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

GermanCdn

Very nice build, love the graphic.  Really have to start getting into artwork for my builds.

Good to see the OCD thing is common practice, and certainly must be evolutionary.  I orient all my cap labels the same way and generally colour code my wiring the same way, but I haven't got to resistor orientation yet, although I'm sure it's coming.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Bret608

That is a beauty; even the 9v v3207 one I built is the best chorus I've personally had the chance to play.

Oh wow, you are much braver than I am! No sockets on the ICs...

jkokura

Quote from: Bret608 on November 09, 2012, 07:22:51 PM
Oh wow, you are much braver than I am! No sockets on the ICs...

I know. I saw the MN3101 all non socketed and I was like... glad it fired up first time! I would very much dislike removing that sucker.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Om_Audio

simple low part count project- I'm sure he breadboarded it first.
;)
C
Sent via soup cans and string.

LaceSensor

Inspired by this half an hour ago, I went back and retrospectively added a Road Rage to my v3 porker..sounds just as good bit more headroom which is handy :)

mshuptar