News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Neutrik Timbre Plug :)

Started by AllenM, November 09, 2012, 02:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllenM

juansolo

Here's me thinking Neutrik did no nonsense, well made, reliable components... Seems they're capable of the wanky bollocks that the all the other snake oil salesmen pedal. I'm actually quite disappointed.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

madbean

Yeah, I gotta agree. That is pretty gimmicky. Tone sucking impedance shenanigans.  ;D

AllenM

ON SALE NOW!!!

The Super MOJO Guitar cable!!!

Only $999.99*

*amount of Mojo will vary, if you experience sudden numbness in your fingers stop using the SMGC and see your doctor.

;D

alanp

As long as they keep selling standard workhorse jacks and plugs, I don't care if they sell 1/4" connectors made out of ground up unicorn johnson instead of metal.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

aziltz

the one with the knob, watch the demo.

if you look at the assembly instructions here, they're basically wiring that switch in parallel with your guitar signal, so my money is that its a small inductance that shifts the resonance frequency of your pickups.  not gimmicky at all, but somewhat impressive for cramming it into a plug.

http://www.neutrik.us/zoolu-website/media/download/8196/Assembly+Instruction+-+timbrePLUG

pickdropper

Gimmicky and generally useless.  The only positive thing I will say is that at least it does something and they show frequency response curves.  That's more science that a lot of cable companies.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

icecycle66

night-B

The Swarovski ones could suit a hello kitty guitar really well !  ;)

DutchMF

Like I need one more knob to twiddle...... Or use them for the patch cables on the pedalboard and have 20 more knobs! I'll pass, thank you!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"