News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Moon Angel

Started by pickdropper, November 10, 2012, 02:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

Quote from: alanp on November 10, 2012, 04:01:45 PM
That is dead cool. I've had the thought knocking around my head of pcb mounted 9mm pots in a 1590A, along with mounted jacks, maybe the stomp as well but I don't think life is that tidy.

The LED's positioning right in the middle of the stars is also a nice touch!

There is also a rate LED that is obscured in the pictures.  It is set in the biggest star of all of them and is in the middle of the four pots.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

pickdropper

Quote from: jkokura on November 10, 2012, 05:22:17 PM
Quote from: monkeyssj1 on November 10, 2012, 05:08:52 PM
Jesus

Is a friend of mine?

(Couldn't resist. Sorry Dave)

Jacob

Ah, no problem at all.  Gotta have a bit of thread derail here and there or it gets boring.
Function f(x)

pickdropper

And thanks for the kind words everybody. 
Function f(x)

wolfingsworth

I just can't believe you actually fit all of that stuff in there! This is one of those truly inspiring builds! How do you get those PCB's? I'm assuming you do your own layouts and have them manufactured, but looking at this build (compared to my usual jumble of wires) it's surprising that it was done ala "DIY". Nice work!

lincolnic

Easily one of the most impressive 1590As I've ever seen.

DutchMF

The first time I saw this was before I had any coffee this morning.... Went outside, had a cup of coffee and a smoke, came back and it is still there, in all its superbly finished, 1590A-stuffed-to-the-brim awesomeness! WOW!!!
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

night-B

Pure awesomeness and work of titan! Congrats!
I think you can stuff almost anything in these boxes  ;)

MattOcaster

Every once in a while a build comes around that just levels the playing field and redefines what you can and can't do in a certain area.
Congratulations sir, you've done it!

Even seeing a Little Angel OR a Trem in a 1590a would be an accomplishment in itself!
Clearly size does NOT matter. :)

What's the next craziest thing in a 1590a?
A submin tube amp has been done - which up till now was the craziest 1590a build I've seen.

Check out my Blog :D
www.SonicTitanFx.com

midwayfair

!@#%!@%

Edit: Dave, I hope you don't mind, but I'm putting a picture of this on the DIYSB 1590A thread.

pickdropper

Quote from: midwayfair on November 11, 2012, 09:04:52 AM
!@#%!@%

Edit: Dave, I hope you don't mind, but I'm putting a picture of this on the DIYSB 1590A thread.

Not at all.  Got a link to the thread?
Function f(x)

midwayfair

Quote from: pickdropper on November 11, 2012, 09:51:08 AM
!@#%!@%

One of my favorite threads on the interwebs right here, 'twas a big inspiration to me:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=64752.1140

pickdropper

Quote from: midwayfair on November 11, 2012, 10:08:11 AM
Quote from: pickdropper on November 11, 2012, 09:51:08 AM
!@#%!@%

One of my favorite threads on the interwebs right here, 'twas a big inspiration to me:

Thanks Jon.  I seem to remember seeing that thread a while ago, I had just sort of forgotten about it. 

No wonder you draw inspiration from it; there are some amazing builds there.
Function f(x)

Om_Audio

Quote from: midwayfair on November 11, 2012, 10:08:11 AM

Oh man, awesome, thanks- this will eat up hours of my life in a good way! I spent hours looking at similar thread over there but not on 1590a-
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=36392.0
C
Sent via soup cans and string.

Stomptown

VERY impressive my man!  How did you get the white graphics on the pedal anyway??? I've been wanting to use white graphics but haven't found any info on how to do it...

pickdropper

Quote from: Stumptown on November 11, 2012, 04:41:38 PM
VERY impressive my man!  How did you get the white graphics on the pedal anyway??? I've been wanting to use white graphics but haven't found any info on how to do it...

When you order PCBs, just ask the fab house to use a white solder mask.  Usually it costs a bit more, but sometimes a color other than green is a nice change of pace.

Function f(x)