News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cool Toggle switch and LED source

Started by TNblueshawk, March 12, 2012, 06:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNblueshawk

Those face plates were cool too. I guess this is sort of a novelty source at the end of the day for one-off's or something....assuming you want to power with 12v.
John

DuctTapeRiot

Well, all the non-light up switches etc will be fine at 9V.  The only unknown is whether the light up switches will require 12v or will be ok on 9v

exit2studios

Quote from: DuctTapeRiot on March 16, 2012, 10:24:39 AM
Well, all the non-light up switches etc will be fine at 9V.  The only unknown is whether the light up switches will require 12v or will be ok on 9v

And....????

DuctTapeRiot

In short, no.  They do light somewhat at 9V, but not very bright.  They arent really that bright at 12V either, but here is the real kicker, these switches are only good as a master power switch.  They way they work is you run 12V in, there is then a lug to ground for the lamp, and the other pole of the switch, which is connected to the 12V in when the switch is on (as is the ground for the lamp).  The only real use I can think of is a master power switch for tube based effects running at 12V.

jeffaroo

might as well duct tape a light bulb socket to your pedal and screw in a medal halide
then plug your pedal in the wall like the old school electro-harmonics.
i used to have a memory man that was 110v had to treat it with respect or it would shock you ! lol
Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !

BRGPollen

I had to buy some of the 2mm leds.  Almost to the size that you wonder if it is a light or reflection from the pedal!  hahahahh

"B"
The Musician's Theory of Relativity . . . . . E=Fb

jeffaroo

i just ordered a bunch of crazy bright ass green 5mm leds and mini switches.
dont forget the resistor rule to get the most bang out of your leds

jeffaroo

Red, Yellow, Green and Orange Led's works on 1.8 to 2 volts, White, Blue and Purple need 3 to 3.5 volts for proper operation. All 3mm & 5mm LED's operate on 20ma or 10 ma when noted.  A current limiting resistor should be used when lighting LED's in most applications. To find the correct resistor subtract led working voltage from your source voltage then divide by .02  for 20ma and .01 for 10ma, use a resistor equal to that amount or greater, do not use a smaller resistor.