News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Slow gear or similar

Started by GhostofJohnToad, November 15, 2012, 02:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GhostofJohnToad

Among all the other things I want to build, I'd really like to do a Slow Gear.  Was doing some searching and am not finding anything real reliable.  GGG discontinued their board.  BYOC has a kit but not a standalone board.  I'd like to do a vero but I'd be open to buying a pcb.  Anyone built one and thoughts on it?  Or anyone ever try the Behringer clone?

jimmybjj

Quote from: GhostofJohnToad on November 15, 2012, 02:39:54 PM
Among all the other things I want to build, I'd really like to do a Slow Gear.  Was doing some searching and am not finding anything real reliable.  GGG discontinued their board.  BYOC has a kit but not a standalone board.  I'd like to do a vero but I'd be open to buying a pcb.  Anyone built one and thoughts on it?  Or anyone ever try the Behringer clone?

I have built the ggg board using their either etchable document. You could get okeef on this forum to etch one for you, look on the buy/sell sub forum under "discontinued boards" for his contact info.
Pcbs no longer available

icecycle66

I have the Behringer clone. I like it. 
I've never heard the old Boss pedal, so I can't compare it.

The Slow Motion (Behringer) has a nice swell to full volume. No sharp points in the swell or any frequency honks.

When set fast enough, it can sound like a really mellow fretless "Mwah". 

Plus, it's only $30.

juansolo

Built the byoc one of a board ages ago when they were still available as just PCBs.

Not my best build by a long way and an effect I've never really got my head around enough to be bothered about keeping it.

Can have it for £20 if you want it...
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk