News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Regicide and Col-117

Started by alanp, November 23, 2012, 11:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

Finished buttoning up a Collosalus, and my Kingslayer is mostly done (bar some diode swapping, maybe.)

This is the flanger -- yes, that's a max1044cpa, I am going to swap it out as soon as the cpa is not the only part I have on hand  >:( I'm quite proud of the wiring though, I think it is quite tidy!

I'm not sure HOW the graphics wound up like that, I just started labelling the controls and it flowed from there.

I'm pretty sure I used up all my wire-wrangling mojo on the flanger, though because...

FEAR! The spaghetti monster is about to eat you and murder all your royal governance. The big green cap is ugly, but that's all I could find lying around. I'm not 100% sure on the toan, because the only thing I have to test it through is my MG15 -- the JCM800 is not in the flat at the moment :( Sounds like a responsive little thing, though!

At least the outside looks good.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

LaceSensor

Nice looking builds there.
Heck, if it works, who cares about wires.
Something I find helps the illusion of neatness is little cable ties. You could bundle your I/O/G etc to the footswitch with one and that'd make a big difference if it matters to you. :)

Marv Mod

Quote from: alanp on November 23, 2012, 11:13:04 PM
The big green cap is ugly, but that's all I could find lying around. I'm not 100% sure on the toan, because the only thing I have to test it through is my MG15 -- the JCM800 is not in the flat at the moment :( Sounds like a responsive little thing, though!

Lovin the monster cap but as Lace says who cares as long as it sounds great! What diodes did you opt for on the Regicide? I can see some red LEDs in the hard clip section?

alanp

I just went with 1n914, 3mm red LED, and 1n34a from Tayda. I'm not really one for swapping parts around much.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

nzCdog

Looking sweet!  How did you paint the enclosures?

alanp

I didn't, Smallbear did ;D even their 'blem' BB's are freakin' amazing.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

alanp

Sorry for the dredge, folks.

The Kingslayer is happy as a pig in muck with the MAX1044CPA chip, no whine or anything.

The Collosalus... not so much. I finally replaced D4 and D5 with 1n5817 diodes, and C26 with a 100uF cap. It still has a high pitched whistle to it. This is with a MAX1044CPA chip as well. It's the only variety that Smallbear, Futurlec, Pedalpartsplus, AND Tayda sell.

Is Mouser the only place that sells the ICL7066SCPA, LT1054SCPA, TC1044SCPA, or whatever the best option is?
- Terry Pratchett
My website

the3secondrule

Smallbear definitely sell the LT1054  ;D
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

eldanko

I've got a few of those ginormous Tayda caps... I usually sneak em onto the other side of the board, as they make a lovely "pillow" for the PCB to sit upon.  ;D
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

icecycle66

ha, some of those big green caps I have are the size of my thumb.  That means they're better.

alanp

Quote from: the3secondrule on February 04, 2013, 01:25:04 AM

SB list it as being the LT1054CP version, NOT the SCPA version :(
- Terry Pratchett
My website

PimpMyTone

Quote from: alanp on February 06, 2013, 10:20:11 PM
Quote from: the3secondrule on February 04, 2013, 01:25:04 AM

SB list it as being the LT1054CP version, NOT the SCPA version :(

Are you sure there is a lt1054scpa version of the lt1054 ?
Simon

alanp

Got 10 TC1044SCPA chips from Mouser (they might charge highly indeed, but the presentation is amazing and it got here even faster than Tayda!)

Bunged one into the Collosalus, it still bloody whines. Aiyaiyai. Must be some kind of clock bleedthrough, maybe.
- Terry Pratchett
My website