News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

boomstick

Started by eniacmike, December 02, 2010, 12:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eniacmike

I couldn't wait for the boomstick fabbed pcbs to come so I etched my own. I recommend everybody try this one out especially when the new pcbs come in. I had so much fun jamming on it. It nails the ac/dc sound. really great for garage rock, punk rock, classic rock etc. I had been using an electra(cot 50/trotsky/etc) kind of circuit for that sound but this is alot better. much more open and less stuffy.

The best part too is the low gain settings sound amazing. They pretty much sound like a sho with all the glassy sparkle and woody attack, I was really surprised by the low gain.

The tone control is really excellent. It is my favorite 1 knob tone controls of all my builds/pedals.

madbean

That's great! I just wish I could see a little more of that great graphic. Booga Booga!

eniacmike

I hate trying to fit graphics on pedals  so many times they just don't fit right. maybe I should have done all three knobs across the top?

jkokura

Mike, you're a freaking machine! Who on earth are you building for so consistently! You have to tell me how you're attracting clients so easily!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jackbart1960

Very cool mike. This is something I've got to work on is finishing them. I've just about given in to the prepainted Hammond's. Peace. J.J.B.