News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NSD!

Started by nzCdog, November 25, 2012, 10:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzCdog

New Scope Day! Woo!  
Been saving for a while and my family chipped in for a birthday gift... Now I just have to actually figure out how to use a DSO ??? ;D

jubal81

Sweeeeeeet. Congrats!
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

alanp

Very cool! You'll be able to see what the holy heck the clock signal in the various delays are doing, for a start :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

nzCdog

Cheers guys... man these things are cool!  Lotsa handy features compared with  the old CRT analog one I'm used to... yay for scopes at home! :D

jimmybjj

Pcbs no longer available

juansolo

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

bigmufffuzzwizz

Dude thats such a great gift. Im right there with you, wouldn't even know where to start with one..I've only used ancient technology when it comes to scopes..
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

stecykmi

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on November 26, 2012, 08:40:41 AM
Dude thats such a great gift. Im right there with you, wouldn't even know where to start with one..I've only used ancient technology when it comes to scopes..

ehh the basics are mostly the same... it's more a matter of learning the control layout than anything.

anyway, looks like fun.

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

electricstorm

Jealous! I want one too!!! LOL. Been wanting to get a scope for ages, but life gets in the way. Anyway, I'm happy for you man. It looks really nice. Have fun with it......
ElectricStorm

No current affiliations

Lovetone Flanger  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3v4twi2sbs0l5p7/1Ep9NbRE2T

nzCdog

pickdropper

How do you like it compared with the analog scope you already had?

I've been looking for a decent low-cost digital storage scope.  I really like the higher price Agilent ones I've used, but the less expensive off-brand ones I've tried have always been a bit choppy and slow, to the point that I preferred the old analog scopes (unless I absolutely needed the FFT feature).  If this one has a decent processor and sampling rate, it could be what I am looking for.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper