News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Poly film cap voltage ratings

Started by mandrewbot3k, November 26, 2012, 04:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandrewbot3k

So I have these...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-100-Pcs-x-0-047uF-47nF-630V-47000pF-5-Mylar-Film-Radial-Capacitor-2J473-J-/190658059029?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c641b1b15

I'm planning on an +18V fatpants/egodriver dual build but I have a hard time believing these are 630V rated. Is that right?

Also, are the 25V rated electrolytics enough for 18V? or should I jump up to the 50V ones?
Andrew

(Formerly roflcopter)

Scruffie

Even if they're not 630V, mylars are usually 50-100V rating so you should be fine with them.
Although that may be a stock photo and the parts you receive are far larger in size (in fact I can see it is, those are 100nF in the photo) as it seems unlikely they'd put the wrong rating on them.

25V electrolytics will be fine for an 18V supply.
Works at Lectric-FX

mandrewbot3k

Thanks for the reply. I don't know if that's the same seller. I just remember buying them from China on ebay, probably the same kind. I can't remember what my ratings were so I looked up a bunch on there and they were all pretty similar. For some reason I think it may be 63.0V. If I need more electrolytics, I'll probably order some 50Vs but otherwise I'll just use what I have. Thanks again! (probably shouldve posted this in general or the 'beginner' forum, but oh well)
Andrew

(Formerly roflcopter)