News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

pork barrel speedy mod?

Started by the3secondrule, December 03, 2010, 06:32:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the3secondrule

Any way to increase the max speed on the porkbarrel? I'd like to keep the slower speeds, but increase the top speed up to pseudo-ring mod speeds?
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

stecykmi

Without doing any testing and analysis, R35 and C20 _probably_ influence this a lot. if you've made one of these and you're able to test it, try putting a large resistor in parallel with R35 (something like 2M, which would give a total resistance of 750K). doing this should speed it up. if it actually slows it down, you know that increasing the resistance will speed it up.

if that works, you could make the resistance switchable with a dpdt switch, with the stock 1M on one side and other value on the other side.

Cap C20 probably also has something to do with it, but it's usually easier to real with resistors.

in any case, it will probably take a couple hours of testing to figure it out. note that i've never build this circuit or anything, so this is all educated guessing.

DougCFL

I changed C20 from 100n to 56n.  Worked for me.

claytushaywood

c20 has changed in the pork barrel... I can only find the 2011 build sheet.  but this post is from 2010.  What is the new speed cap number?  Anyone?

Thanks!

claytushaywood

sorry im an idiot theres only two 100n caps.  one is in the power supply.  the new layout c19 is the cap to adjust for variable speeds.  i recommend putting somethng like 22n on the middle lug of a on/off/on dpdt. and 82n on one side (stock) and 220n or 150n on the other side for super slow speeds.

the super slow settings are very cool with the intensity mod- add another 47pf cap in parallel with c21 (making 94pf) for more depth.  and the vibrato mod- which you lift on leg of r9 to a toggle switch to remove r9.  this removes the dry signal and gives a vibrato effect (albeit a triangle wave vibrato).  super slow speeds with vibrato and increased depth are VERY cool.  one of my most used sounds!

George

Quote from: claytushaywood on March 29, 2015, 10:54:34 PM
sorry im an idiot theres only two 100n caps.  one is in the power supply.  the new layout c19 is the cap to adjust for variable speeds.  i recommend putting somethng like 22n on the middle lug of a on/off/on dpdt. and 82n on one side (stock) and 220n or 150n on the other side for super slow speeds.

the super slow settings are very cool with the intensity mod- add another 47pf cap in parallel with c21 (making 94pf) for more depth.  and the vibrato mod- which you lift on leg of r9 to a toggle switch to remove r9.  this removes the dry signal and gives a vibrato effect (albeit a triangle wave vibrato).  super slow speeds with vibrato and increased depth are VERY cool.  one of my most used sounds!

I just build a pork barrel (the latest version) and the speed (c19) & deep (c21) mods sounded really usefull. But i was wondering if you guys can help me on how i can add a mix pot (effect blend)

claytushaywood

go to tonepad's ce-2 project documents- it shows on the schematic how to add an effect mix pot.  I havent tried it but thats how I got some other mods for the ce-2. 

www.tonepad.com

davehib

Which resistor on the new pork barrel pcb is the one I put the pot in series with?

Matt

Don't remember the tonepad numbering off the top of my head but on the current Pork Barrel R9 controls the clean level and R26 controls the chorus level
Matt