News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

[non-madbean]: Nonsense Engine: Pitch/Filter/SampleRate

Started by MattOcaster, November 28, 2012, 08:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattOcaster

Hey guys,

Initially the idea was a Zvex-type Lofi simulator - consisting of a Compressor, Vibrato/Chorus, and Sample Rate Reducer.

It has since morphed into a "Nonsense Engine" - I replaced the Orangesqueezer/cupcake compressor with a Colorsound Fixed Wah Filter.
The vibrato/pitch section is a modified Pitch Pirate circuit.

So... didn't quite create an Instant Lofi pedal, but it's still fun :)

Check out the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yl2uG9MI7o

The Filter and Sample Rate reducer sections are still noisy, but haven't had time to rectify it.
When I tested the circuits individually, they were quiet, so it's likely just moving some wires around.

This might be due to the fact that it should have been run off 12V ac adapter, but my 12V ac adapter actually produced 15V ac. So definitely made the voltage regulators crazy hot!

More info about the development is on my blog:
sonictitanfx.wordpress.com

Regards,
Matt.
Check out my Blog :D
www.SonicTitanFx.com

MattOcaster

Oh then here's how I did the enclosure

Then took a tip from Rej and sanded down the sides to get some sexy metal showing - not shown tooo clearly in the photo.  ;D

Matt.
www.SonicTitanFx.com

madbean

Yup, it is insane! I'm really diggin the sample rate reducer...sounds really neat with the drums. Plus, any effect that makes you laugh while you are messing with it is a total winner in my book!

raulduke

Really cool build dude.

I can imagine this is a real versatile box of FSU tricks  ;)!

MattOcaster

Thanks Mr Bean!
All credit for the Sample Rate Reducer goes to Tom at Bugbrand for sharing the "BugCrusher" schematic.
I just did a layout and applied the GGG 12V AC to +/-9VDC PSU.
www.SonicTitanFx.com

icecycle66

I am now following this thread to appease my own greedy desires.

midwayfair