News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aquaboy modulation board question?

Started by guycapuano, November 30, 2012, 11:36:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guycapuano

Hey guys, I have it hooked up to a double chip DM-2 style delay. It is very prominent up for the first half of the delay knob, but into the longer times it becomes less prmoinent, and with maxed time all modulation seems gone. Is this normal? I did a roll your own tayda LDR and red LED if thats makes a difference? As I am trying to wrap my head around this LFO board, it tugs on the time pot slightly making the modulation right? So as the time pot gets bigger it is snubbing out the modulation hmm.......

IDK am I way off here?

stecykmi

it's sort of well known that many modulation effects seem to loose their intensity at slow LFO speeds, particularly vibrato effects. it may be working correctly, it's just difficult to hear. your reasoning for how the effect works is sound!

LaceSensor

put a 100k resistor in parallel with the LDR and see if that helps. I had to do that on a PT2399 implementation of the modulation circuit used on an Aqua puss

chordball

Quote from: LaceSensor on December 01, 2012, 07:23:44 AM
put a 100k resistor in parallel with the LDR and see if that helps. I had to do that on a PT2399 implementation of the modulation circuit used on an Aqua puss

Hey LaceSensor, thanks for the tip!

I had first used the original mod board values with a VTL5C3 but wasn't satisfied. Changed over to the 2012 project values and was much better, but this resistor addition really smoothed out the modulation and produces a significantly better effect in my opinion. If anyone is not quite happy with their modulation I'd suggest giving this a try.

gül

Quote from: LaceSensor on December 01, 2012, 07:23:44 AM

I know this is a very old thread, but I figured I'd try anyway...
How would I add this resistor in parallel? I'm stumped! Anyway, if anyone can explain it to me, I'd be grateful. Thanks in advance.