News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Heres what Ive made so far (20-something builds)

Started by Hangingmonkey, December 02, 2012, 08:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hangingmonkey

Caught the pedal building bug about 18 months ago.  Initially wanted to buy a TS808 but didn't want to pay a couple hundred quid so came across the tonepad website, DIYSB and here...

Anyway, 18 months later, I thought Id take some pics of the pedals Ive built.  I have way more than I need but it was never about the necessity.  Its just plain addictive...

I don't really understand the technology but my basic knowledge of electronics have improved.  I'm planning to start reading about how they actually work but still looking for an idiot proof guide to basic electronics.  Some of the wiring in these stomp boxes are shocking, if so they're probably some of my earlier works

Anyway, heres the pics and some boring commentary...

Tubescreamer (madbean greenbean)

Nice OD, not sure if Ive done something wrong but I can't hear much of a difference with the fat switch.

MXR Envelope Filter (Tonepad)

Really dig this envelope filter.

Deluxe Memory Man (mabean)

WIth MN3005's.  I think that they're legit, but not sure.  Im sure I haven't biased it properly and am getting some distorted repeats and about 450ms delay max.  Im gonna take some clips and post some voltages and start a separate thread about this one as Im not sure why I can't get it to bias properly

Dr Boogie (madbean)

Named Screaming Milan after Milan, my 2 yr old son who has a rockstar scream

Wampler Triple Wreck (tagboard effects vero)

Sceaming Milan II, the sequel.  The white tone knobs are just temporary till the slim black metal ones arrive but they're growing on me.  Main PCB runs off 18V via a charge pump up in the top right of the gutshot.

Octaver (madbean)

White finish with magic fairy dust from Dr Tweek.  Looks a bit girly but nice finish under light.

Orange Compressor (madbean cupcake)

Systech Harmonic Energizer (madbean)

Mutron III (madbean)

MXR Flanger (Madbean)

Really dig the darth vader design.  Great flanger but a bit temperamental, I think theres a loose connection in there somewhere, sometimes it flanges and sometimes just normal signal, when I wiggle the PCB I can get the flange back.

Multiplex Delay (1776 effects PCB)

One of my favourite delays, everyone should do one

Phase 90 (tonepad)

Rebote Delay (tonepad)

My first successful PCB etch!

Looper (Madbean Loophole)

PCB by Haberdasher.  Cant get the detune function to work, worked the first time and then nothing.  Anyone else have this problem?

Midi-fi Clarinot

Found the PCB files from the web, can't remember where from.  Another Haberdasher etch.  Great pedal, I have no real use for it but its loads of fun to play with.

Zyvex Wooly Mammoth Fuzz (Tagboard effects vero)

Thats my son with his axe

Bajaman Trembulator with mods (madbean)

Muff Creamy Dreamer (Madbean)

Phase 45 (madbean)

Fuzzface (madbean babybuild)

1590A enclosures painted white look like apple devices to me.  The knobs are just temporary till I find something that is more 'apple-like'

Klon (Tagboard effects vero)

ISP Decimator

Another haberdasher etch.  PCB design from someone from DIYSB, I can't remember who but I think the PCB has his name on it.  This is sans enclosure as Im repainting it at present.

Dipthonizer (madbean)

Suhr Riot (madbean uproar)

Madbean Boneyard

Has a 2 tone LED for channel select

BSIAB (Tagboard effects vero)

Afterlife optical Compressor (madbean)

This was in a 1590A but I used it to make the iFuzz so is awaiting rehousing.

After building all these pedals, there were a few that I either didn't like or couldn't get to work.  Im sure everyone has one.  This is my failbox:

Im gonna take a break from pedal building for a while now.  Theres 20-something builds here and I haven't actually played anything for ages and now my leads are sloppy and my vibrato sounds like Kirk Hammett.  Also, I need to clean my guitar room...

Room

Anyway, thats probably a fitting end to this 18 month chapter of pedal building (but probably not as I have my eye on the fish head, zero point deluxe, stage fright and harbinger...)

Hangingmonkey

Are all the pics loading?  I can only get a few of them to appear.

whitebread47

That's a lot a builds!  :o

Only some of the pics are loading, but I could click on the ones that didn't and it took me to the imageshack photos.
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

Hangingmonkey

juansolo

Ah, the box of projects. I know this one well ;)

Sweet builds dude.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

raulduke

Nice builds dude!

I think we all have the box of projects... and also maybe the 'Box of Shame'  :'(

midwayfair

MattOcaster

Check out my Blog :D
www.SonicTitanFx.com

Hangingmonkey

Haha, thanks guys.  I find it very reassuring to know that im not the only one with a box of shame

hammerheadmusicman

The box of shame haunts my dreams! One day i hope to empty it...
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

nzCdog

Nice builds... Love the vader pedal in particular :D