News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Any news on the revised Zygote?

Started by Meowy, December 04, 2010, 06:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meowy

madbean

Someone is trying to up their post count :)

Anyway, yes it is finished. It's been expanded to formally include the '69 mods, and there may be one other mod included. Also, it will have instructions on how to build NPN fuzzes on the same board. I will get this out in the next couple of days, along with the new Mangler.

Meowy

Nah just a quiet afternoon to finally ask about a few boards I've been trying plan to do in the near future . I did mention in one other post that I've been doing most of my builds (and learning) on Vero, but I would like to get them onto PCB. One thing I've noticed is that many of your boards (the simpler, maybe even "classic" circuits at least) do not have pulldown resistors, including the Zygote and RM.   Any plan to incorporate them, or are you trying to keep a more vintage recipe? I assume you've already thought this through, and decided against pulldowns, but just wondering.

While I'm at it any plan for a RM that is intended to use radial caps instead of axials ?

madbean

So, I'm going to combine the Zygote and Mangler into one board. You will be able to build either: regular Fuzz Face, Fuzz Face with 69 mods, or the 70. Plus, I've added a pot for dying battery and input cap selection (FAT switch). I'll have instructions on how to build either NPN or PNP versions of any of those.

This should be a pretty killer board! I fits into a 1590B, although if you do every mod you will need a 125B or 1590BB.

reddo

Just wondering, will they be fabbed or etched?